The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The truth about the ricey GK's

Old 11-01-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Works for me every time. And for others I assume.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

both work for me, jon I think over time there might be more people post slips but we have what? 300 active member they have 3000? thats proportionally correct.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Autocrossing results?

WTF?

Dude, some folks here, just maybe a few of us, like to work on our cars and go drive in the mountain twisties. As far as I know, there aren't any monitoring stations, checkpoints, or other way to monitor my progress up there, and I'm too busy with my hands on the wheel to try to videotape it.

YES, if you are into competition, then great for you. It's like anything else though, you'll get a small percentage of the small number of folks on our site that will actually post results and such. Most everyone just doesn't care and wants to have fun.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

when i get mine to the track early spring ill be sure to post a slip. everyone should go to the track sometime. even if you just have a cai or whatever. they have some pretty high times on there
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Banned

ahh, i see.. well there is ALOT more GK guys, they have ALOT more aftermarket, thats easily accessable, and most of them are rich kids...

i believe there are less members on here, and alot of kids in high school, full time college, etc..

its all about how many active members we have to them.. and the ratio seems right..

they have like a couple turbo kits to choose from, few different supercharger setups.. and all they have to do is order, and have their mechanic put em in, start up the car and go..

we honestly have alotta guys who wouldn't wanna do the installations by themselves, come up with all the parts, find someone to fab. it up, etc..

so, its completely understandable, i know it sux, but its understandable..

and ill have a timeslip up next springtime, i just havent had my car track worthy, imo, yet. always had lil problems like oil leaks, transmission going bye bye, and still waiting for a certain member to send my ECU to me, so i can play with ignition timing.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Money is NOT the problem. There are 100's of threads with people installing I/H/E/ cams, ECU's, manifolds, etc. They spend hundreds on these mods, but it only takes $10 to make a trip down the 1/4 mile. Or $25 to join in an autocross session.
A lot of the GK timeslips are from stock motors. It doesn't matter what you have in the car.
There's no excuse. I think people are just scared to go to the track.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 AM

Scared...ORRRRR its our only car, dont want to abuse it, dont want to risk the chance of blowin it, dont really care about seein how fast we can drive the 1/4. some people just dont care about the track. you get mad at us for not goin, we could get mad at you FOR going. this is a ptless argument. its their choice not to go reguardless of their reasons. if youre not happy, buy a gk and then youll be satisfied with how many of them go.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM

but for alot of people tracks arent close. like where i live. the nearest track is 2 hours away. at the least!
i would have taken the tib but it was just so far away.

they should build a track in CT 02.gif
Old 11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned

ya tru^^^ theres a close track to me (45min away) but its a POS track, and only gives the 1/4mile time and speed, no reaction, 1/8th mile, 60ft times, or anything.. so fvck that..

and the other track is 2 hrs away, and i have to go on a certain expressway to get there, and it SUX, soo many potholes and crappy driving..

also, alotta people dont want to abuse their cars, or even post a timeslip of them pulling a 16.5 1/4 mile.. i wouldnt wanna even go to the track if i was stocker.. i wish i did now tho, so i coulda compared all my mods..

some people dont wanna make an ass of themselves and (have slow reaction time, bad launch, miss shift, etc.)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

the guy with 401 hp there is no pic of his shit or any info on what he has, sounds like BS to me because i have to run 1.5 bar to get 420 to mine and he is only is pushing 15psi. what does he have in there a rx7 motor.. i do the mountion thing here and street here as for a offical track time i have not done it but i will when i am done with my "overhaul/remodeling wink1.gif