The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

True Credit, And All Those Free Credit Places

Old 12-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

A coworker had her identity stolen. Someone got a piece of her mail and got her SS#, address, name, and applied for credit cards. Because she didn't know the victim's REAL birthday, she made one up (made her a 58 year old - she was only 30) and the credit reporting companies CHANGED her birthdate on her credit history. WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER NEED TO CHANGE THEIR BIRTHDAY?! Talk about lack of data integrity.... you should have to try very hard to change a birthdate on something like your credit report.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LoL although this is totally different, that reminds me of when i was a leasing agent in Syracuse, we had to do credit and criminal backgrounds on people before approving them for an apartment.

We weren't super strict by any means, just making sure we were keeping the real rotten tomatoes out.

One guy's criminal record had like 5 felonies, 3 pages of misdemeanors, 8 social security numbers, 5 birthdays, and a couple lines worth of aliases.

Needless to say he didn't get the apartment, although i had to break the news to him, and yah, i brought my knife just-in-case he flipped out (i'd had it happen before so i wasnt just being paranoid). lmao.gif

But that's messed up what happened to your friend, these places are retarded; they cant even bother themselves to double check crap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On topic update, so it seems they've heeded my warning, as they've begun to refund me.

I say begun because they have only refunded four out of the six $11.99 refunds they owe me (about $48), i feel they may just be trying to see how persistent I am.

They so don't know me.

Just to prove a point I'd hound them even if it was just a damn dollar.

Ill call them tomorrow, assholes.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

at this point it might be easier to call up the card company tell them it's fraud, fill out the papers and they'll take care of it.

Done that a couple times with my visa debit card.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ ^ agreed. Call credit card company or bank, and refuse to make payments to them and urge them to question any similar transactions. Getting another party involved MAY scare them even more. Class Action lawsuit anyone?

I was thinking of signing up just so I could have a reason to call and annoy these frickers...
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I guess i never updated, in the report she mentions that the guy assured her that the two checks were sent out "this week".

Two days later i had the $11.99 charges returned electronically. Which tells me how full of shit they are.

1) They told me they couldnt return more than 4 charges electronically, this makes 6.

2) They said they sent checks, in reality, they returned it electronically.

3) They said all electronic returns take 10-15 days and there is no way to do it sooner, but when a news company calls asking questions, suddenly i have them in 2 days.

I'd like to smack em.