The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Travelodge Debacle.

Old 03-26-2006 | 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If you look, they also stated that the hotel was a independent franchise</div>

In other words it's not Travelodge Inc. fault!
Same message I got from Hyundai Corp. when my dealership wouldn't do warranty work on my car because of my professionally installed aftermarket stereo. mad.gif
Old 03-26-2006 | 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I don't care if I don't get anything out of it, we did get out money back.
Old 03-26-2006 | 09:44 AM

I had this same prob with travelerslodge in York,PA... Never stay there its horrable.. There was drug deals and everything going on right in the parking lot, and the rooms looked just as bad.

RDtiburon = anti - travelerslodges
Old 03-26-2006 | 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Alright, where do I begin.

REDZ, I'm so sorry about this, I feel that I should have helped you out better with the room situation. This should never have happened.

Anyway, they are right about the hotel being independantly owned and operated, the Holiday Inn I work at is the same deal. It's just like a McDonald's or Wendy's, same deal, they can blame the hotel/establishment if the mess up real bad. But, that doesn't get them off the hook entirely, they still have quality control standards that all of their hotels must follow to bear the name or "flag" of Travelodge.

This is easily something that can force the hotel to be dropped from the chain. I would definitely push the fact that this hotel represents the chain poorly. In all honesty, the website things may not help, but throw them out there anyway. You'd be surprised to see just how many people know nothing about what goes on in these forums. They'll especially underestimate the number of people that will read this thread. I would definitely mention that you chose another chain to stay in, as you obviously felt gun-shy to stay at another Travelodge.

There is not a reason in the world that this wouldn't constitute a free night's stay through the chain anywhere, yes they do do it, and this is exactly the case. You're lucky you didn't have to stay and you got a refund though, that is at least one good thing so far.

Keep me posted mang.
Old 03-26-2006 | 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 25 2006, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>At a complete loss for what to do, I walked out into the living room to sit
down and figure it out. And again, I'm not kidding you, when I sat down,
the leg of the chair CAME OFF.</div>
You fat bastid! wink1.gif J/k

Like Silvertibbs said, they (Travelodge) need to keep their franchises in check & to standard just like any hotel chain, franchised or not. That IS their responsibility.

I'm not sure about the States but over here we have something called the ACCC (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission) that administers the current australian Trade Practices Act. Basically, it protects the consumer against dodgy businesses & dodgy business practices. Here, you can complain to them about nearly anything & 99% of the time the consumer comes out on top.

You could prolly also complain to the local Board of Health. They investigate most complaints. That should fvck 'em up nicely fing02.gif
Old 03-26-2006 | 07:33 PM

Thanks guys, and Silvertibbs, I know you are a busy guy, don't take the blame here mang.

I was thinking today of turning this into the BBB.
Old 04-07-2006 | 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

lmao, i'm sorry, but the whole time i was reading this letter, i was laughing my ass off.

but man...i have to tell you, you have a much MUCH longer fuse than i have. if it were me, and the guy at the front desk said he wouldn't refund my money, i would've been over the counter beating his ass and taking my money back. but then again, that's me and my very short temper.

a former friend of mine owned a travelodge...yea, i never stayed there even if it was free.
Old 04-10-2006 | 06:01 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 26 2006, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was thinking today of turning this into the BBB.</div>

I would do that and what OZFX suggested.. the Board of health <u>NEEDS</u> to know about this place.
Old 04-10-2006 | 08:04 AM

Yeah, I'm going to contact both of them about it today, letting them know that I've never been responded to. I'll forward that to the same assholes.