The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tired Of People Telling Me How To Drink.

Old 11-30-2006 | 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

You suffer with stress anxiety and depression and polute your body with alcohol?

Stay off it. Youll be amazed how good you feel when you stop filling your body with crap.

I havent had a drink now in a year, for the simple reason that the last time I did I managed to piss off every single member of my wife's mother's family (which wasnt really a bad thing I always hated them lmao.gif )

All I can remember was her grandpa asking me what I did for a living and me saying "I sell arsehole cleaner. You take these pills and they make you dook like a babie's arm"

Then I remember him taking his wife by the hand and leaving lmao.gif
Old 11-30-2006 | 08:49 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

you don't have to stop playing poker, just quit it with the b**** drinks... LOL
Old 11-30-2006 | 09:19 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

your poker game is whack just like your drinking style. you prolly raise under the gun in a 9 player game with 6-8 suited because, well, it's suited. lmao.gif

j/k

calm down tongue.gif
Old 11-30-2006 | 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I went to a big charity event once. It was a big event with the richest people in Ontario attending. I went up to the bar, ordered a Bud and walked away with the bottle. The bartender yelled out "Don't you want a glass?". I looked right back at him and said..."You think I'm some punk kid off the street that got a free ticket to get in? I'm pretty sure if I wanted a glass I would have asked for one." Funy thing was..I got the ticket through work... lmao.gif

Don't let it get to you. There are people out there who don't understand certain customs or what ever. They're just offering advice, but there are ways to put them in their place without coming across as a jerk.
Old 11-30-2006 | 09:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus @ Nov 30 2006, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you prolly raise under the gun in a 9 player game with 6-8 suited because, well, it's suited.</div>
You dont??

KRN---relax man they are just suggesting what they think/ have heard is the best way to enjoy it. If you were a car salesman and you saw someone in a honda civic, wouldnt you recommend they drive a real car and buy a tiburon?
Old 11-30-2006 | 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pandy @ Nov 30 2006, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You suffer with stress anxiety and depression and polute your body with alcohol?

Stay off it. Youll be amazed how good you feel when you stop filling your body with crap.

I havent had a drink now in a year, for the simple reason that the last time I did I managed to piss off every single member of my wife's mother's family (which wasnt really a bad thing I always hated them lmao.gif )

All I can remember was her grandpa asking me what I did for a living and me saying "I sell arsehole cleaner. You take these pills and they make you dook like a babie's arm"

Then I remember him taking his wife by the hand and leaving lmao.gif</div>

I was an alcoholic a couple months ago. The Psychiatrist(sp?) told me to stop drinking. I stopped for 3 months and the Psychiatrist told me that one serving of alcohol a day should be my maximum now. I try to stay within the limit.
Old 12-01-2006 | 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I was in the same boat for a while. I used to get hammered every night when I finished school and wasn't working. But not drinking for 3 months is hardly enough time to get over an addiction like that. I went for over a year, and then one night I was out with some friends and had a beer, it brought back some sickening memories, but thats what allows me to control myself.

But seriously, if you were an alcoholic.....try staying away from it for longer than 3 months and see where that takes you. I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot more...
Old 12-07-2006 | 11:19 PM

Vehicle: car

Well... I don't drink, but I know what you're saying... I guess I could compare it to eating cold pizza for breakfast and everyones all like wtf? But who cares, you like what you like and it tastes good to you. If you want to drink champagne with a cheeseburger i say go for it!