The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tibathon OUTRAGE!

Old 07-15-2004 | 07:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibwrcsbj)</div><div class='quotemain'>This whole situation really got out of hand.......I think there is still alot of stuff that has not come out on both sides of this.......</div>

While this may be true, I am not going to say anything more about it. Thanks for those who replied & are willing to still accept people for what they are... People.
Old 07-15-2004 | 08:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arch93086)</div><div class='quotemain'>While that's true, Mr. tib atleast showed class. That is greatly appreciated.</div>

I agree.

I dont think any of this is a personal issue, or an RD/GK issue or whatever.

I just think it was a little confusion, mixed with a lack of communication (from all sides).

Its nothing we can't get past - and starting with 909's last post, I think we are taking a step in the right direction.
Old 07-15-2004 | 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Mr. tib is one of those guys that I do like that has a GK. He's always tryin to help out the COMMUNITY.

Way to post guys.

I'm about to cry...

NOT!
Old 07-15-2004 | 04:31 PM

Well, for what it's worth (not much smile.gif), Josh, after just reading that AIM convo between you and Jay that you posted on NT, I have to say that I judged you a little too harshly in all this. You didn't deserve the treatment you received in that whole debate, and I'm embarrassed to see how he spoke to you. I've let my irritation at you over the registration thing, and my allegiance to 909, cloud this whole debate, and I apologize. No one deserves to be spoken to in the manner that Jay took, and I'm a bit embarrassed to be a GK owner after reading that. smile.gif You tried to handle him politely and with respect, and I have to give you a lot of credit for that, because I know I would've snapped way sooner than you did.

And Jason, I truly hope that I didn't do anything to make you or your girlfriend uncomfortable during Tibathon. I'm probably the worst one about the tanking aspect, but I really did try to get everyone out of NYNY so y'all wouldn't feel excluded -- hell, I even exploded my beer all over people as a diversionary tactic. wink1.gif Anyway, I'm truly sorry if I did anything to make you feel uncomfortable, and I hope this won't be the last time we see y'all at a meet. Please apologize to your girl on my behalf as well, if you don't mind.
Old 07-16-2004 | 04:58 PM

It's good to see that things are working their way back to civility. I can only hope that everybody reserves judgment on whether or not any particular RD owner or GK owner is a jerk until they actually get a chance to meet that person.
Old 07-16-2004 | 05:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You guys knew this was coming though.

Really.

Most of the guys from NT.com don't go to HP and vice versa. Most of the folks on the rest of the boards (Minus XD), go to all the other boards. It was bound to happen.

We need a Huge Hyundai meet. Like up in Denver or something Centrally located.

EVERYONE shows or you get banned.

Heh.
Old 07-16-2004 | 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Like at the Hyundai Factory Opening! Hyundai Owners Unite! Kuumbayaaaaaaa....
Old 07-17-2004 | 10:44 AM

Interesting...

All the appologies and everything from every side (me included) led me to believe things were on the right track...

But then I check NT.com today, and want to see whats going on in the "Tibathon" forum that was created due to all the tibathon posts.

Well, they just renamed that forum to "Our National GK Meet" forum.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/forumdisp...daysprune=&f=69

Doesn't look too much like a gesture that attempts to bring the RD's and GK's together to me.

I will request that they remove all the Tibathon stuff - because a GK meet and the Tibathon are two different things.

This is like the 3rd or 4th time I have though things were getting better, only to realize that isnt so.
Old 07-17-2004 | 01:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>We need a Huge Hyundai meet. Like up in Denver or something Centrally located.

EVERYONE shows or you get banned.

Heh.</div>

WTF REDZ, how do you consider DENVER centrally located......how about St. Louis, Houston or Memphis......so that those of us on the east coast can attend......you do realize that there have been quite a few ppl from MD and VA join lately....and what about all the ppl in central and southern FL??? NY, MA, PA, DE, NJ???
Old 07-17-2004 | 03:35 PM

st louis would be cool... gateway to the west. I still say it should move around.. a new location every year... so this year it was Vegas..next year maybe chicago? How about Orlando Florida? remember, we also have canadians here... so, unless we lock the fence and keep them out, a little further north than houston would probably be a good start.