The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tibathon OUTRAGE!

Old 07-14-2004 | 12:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Joshuwa)</div><div class='quotemain'>Now another NT member posts this:

"I am taking over Tibathon. I have filed the necessary paperwork with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and by the close of business Friday I will be the offcial owner of Tibathon. Any use, mention, or implication of Tibathon will result in actions taken for trademark infringement in federal courts, as well as state courts resulting in up to treble damages in a successful trademark infringement action.
Biatch."

Seeing how it is registered in my name, and attorneys are already on it by my side, this isnt going to go his way. Its rather silly though, that such a thing had to come to this.</div>

apparently, it's not over with. This was posted at 10:15am today.
Old 07-14-2004 | 12:44 PM

Its not at all over.

I will just let things settle down naturaly before persistantly fighting. The Tibathon is not NT's, and everyone knows it - it just might take some time for NT to accept that.
Old 07-14-2004 | 07:41 PM

Well thanks Jason. You're a cool guy. Your comments just kinda shocked me! I know we didn't get to talk much, you seemed like a pretty shy guy, but I think your car was great. You've put a lot of customization into it. My GK is pretty much stock with some chrome headlights, emblems, door sills, and a new sound system. You've obviously put a lot of work into your car, and that's commendable. Who cares if someone else doesn't like it? A lot of people don't like my car either, that doesn't mean they don't like me as a person though. As long as you like it, **** everyone else and what they think.

I think people just need to calm down and step back. We're all human beings here. These are just cars, and only a generation apart at that. We shouldn't be enemies or assume an entire group are a-holes simply by the type of car they drive. I bought my GK on my own and spent all my money I made into it, you RD owners have done the same thing. Are we so different? I mean, I haven't even been to a strictly RD site, but I could easily assume from all of your responses that all RD owners are a-holes and exclude GK owners! I mean no rd owner has said a nice thing about GK owners yet here, except for Jason. Go to nt.com. We don't have threads bashing rd owners (at least not that I'm aware of, or none I've participated in or seen. But I joined last year). But I don't think RD owners are a-holes, and if you took the time to talk with some GK owners you'd find we aren't so bad wink1.gif A car does not make a person's personality. I am no different before I bought my GK, than after I bought my GK. I'm the exact same person.

As far as the whole "tibathon" thing goes. For me, personally, I don't feel comfortable attending an event where I feel the majority of the people think i'm an a-hole simply by what I drive, and I really don't want to attend a meet where attorneys are involved and I'm expected to owe something to someone. Again, this is just how I've felt and how I feel the situation has gotten out of control. I know if we plan an event separate from the "Tibathon" that it will be open to ALL HYUNDAI TIB OWNERS. If it wasn't, I wouldn't wanna go. The more people the merrier. And everyone will pay the same, and nobody owes anybody any recognition or paybacks. We all go and just have fun. Those are the events I will attend. We've never had this problem with group meets in Texas. We all plan the event and go. We all pay the same and that's it. There's no complications, no ONE person who organizes everything. It's a group effort, and nobody "owns" anything. Those are just my feelings. I think you're all cool, we just need to calm down and see how silly this whole thing is.
Old 07-14-2004 | 07:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (909)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well thanks Jason. You're a cool guy. Your comments just kinda shocked me! I know we didn't get to talk much, you seemed like a pretty shy guy, but I think your car was great. You've put a lot of customization into it. My GK is pretty much stock with some chrome headlights, emblems, door sills, and a new sound system. You've obviously put a lot of work into your car, and that's commendable. Who cares if someone else doesn't like it? A lot of people don't like my car either, that doesn't mean they don't like me as a person though. As long as you like it, **** everyone else and what they think.

I think people just need to calm down and step back. We're all human beings here. These are just cars, and only a generation apart at that. We shouldn't be enemies or assume an entire group are a-holes simply by the type of car they drive. I bought my GK on my own and spent all my money I made into it, you RD owners have done the same thing. Are we so different? I mean, I haven't even been to a strictly RD site, but I could easily assume from all of your responses that all RD owners are a-holes and exclude GK owners! I mean no rd owner has said a nice thing about GK owners yet here, except for Jason. Go to nt.com. We don't have threads bashing rd owners (at least not that I'm aware of, or none I've participated in or seen. But I joined last year). But I don't think RD owners are a-holes, and if you took the time to talk with some GK owners you'd find we aren't so bad wink1.gif A car does not make a person's personality. I am no different before I bought my GK, than after I bought my GK. I'm the exact same person.

As far as the whole "tibathon" thing goes. For me, personally, I don't feel comfortable attending an event where I feel the majority of the people think i'm an a-hole simply by what I drive, and I really don't want to attend a meet where attorneys are involved and I'm expected to owe something to someone. Again, this is just how I've felt and how I feel the situation has gotten out of control. I know if we plan an event separate from the "Tibathon" that it will be open to ALL HYUNDAI TIB OWNERS. If it wasn't, I wouldn't wanna go. The more people the merrier. And everyone will pay the same, and nobody owes anybody any recognition or paybacks. We all go and just have fun. Those are the events I will attend. We've never had this problem with group meets in Texas. We all plan the event and go. We all pay the same and that's it. There's no complications, no ONE person who organizes everything. It's a group effort, and nobody "owns" anything. Those are just my feelings. I think you're all cool, we just need to calm down and see how silly this whole thing is.</div>

first of all, i think i commended a couple of GK owners that i know and what not earlier, so add me to that list. they both just happen to be mods of NT as well, and i have either met them... or talk to them on a daily basis, and it's because of one of these people that i now believe there is a bit more to this story than i had thought. we shouldn't be so quick to kick NT in the balls here. some practices have been questionable, yeah.... (group buys mainly for me, like REDZ said), but we should try to get some more info on THIS particular topic before getting so riled up. i don't want to get into that anymore though, so i'm done.

second.... i think this is a great post that 909 made. i personally prefer as many hyundais as possible in a meet. i'm down for the whole tuner culture as a whole, to tell you the truth (even if it's a honda laugh.gif). i choose to BELONG to an RD club, post on THIS board, and roll with these RD fellas' by choice as well, for obvious reasons. i think this is all stuff that can be handled if those involved would be adults about it.

split the meets up if need be.... use two different names. tiburons are tiburons. do a mega for ALL tibs (which is what joshuwa had in mind for tibathon.... despite the turnout ratio), and do one for just GKs if you guys want. all that means is that we're expanding!!!
Old 07-14-2004 | 08:08 PM

exactly! thanks Alpha. We all love our cars and love tuning. We're really all into the same stuff, all this means is that we're expanding and that there are many different groups within, whether it be by location, car type/generation, etc.
Old 07-14-2004 | 08:14 PM

LoL.. So sad.. He said this, she said that.. UGH This is like HS.. I understand everyones point they are trying to make, whether they are right or not i dont know nor care.. Im sure theres 2% of decent GK owners out there.. Lets try to get along w/ them and leave this be.. Josh, i understand your pissed, but maybe take it up in email? If you need us RD's to back you up, we will but some people are right, this is just a ridiculous forum bash and its dumb ;/

Hell f*** it.. Why dont you just crash tibathon 2005 rofl, COME ALL, ALL MOTOR 12 SECOND CIVICS to BASH GK's :roll:

End it guys, just makes us look worse.. Everyone will back you josh dont worry ;/
Old 07-14-2004 | 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hey man, 909, I even said earlier, I don't know you are an asshole, you sound like a perty nice guy. Again, I've met a few GK guys that are perty cool and act like equals. But the rest? They've watched 2 Fast 2 Furious too many times and think their chromed door handle guards are gonna win a 1/4 mile race. They don't understand that there is more than bragging rights for yourself when you win something or doo something cool to your ride. It's the community. I DID say that %98 of the GK owners I've met are asses. They are. That still leaves some cool ones. Rob from HP for an example.

Where you at in Tx?
Old 07-15-2004 | 06:34 AM

Ok. Since it was my post that started all this chaos, I am going to post this appology here for you guys to read also.

For those who don't want to read the other thread, here is a copy of a post made there :

For all those involved here yesterday, This is a copy of a PM I just sent to Joshuwa.

I posted it here for all to see. I am taking the blame ( as which I should ) for all the chaos that arose from it & my post...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Originally Posted by MR.tib

Josh,

I am also going to include a copy of this in the thread that expolded yesterday.

I am formally appologizing to you for the post, & my misunderstanding the conversation that some of us had on the trip. While it's no excuse, alchoal may have had some impairment on the conversation & my understandings. I guess also my not getting everything straight also had alot to do with it before my post was to blame.

Hopefully we can get past this & there are no t too many hard feelings...

Again, I am sorry for the chaos yesterday...

Joe</div>

This appology goes out to all affected by this....

I know it doesn't make what I posted right, nor does it negate the situation that arose, but I know that I was in the wrong for my actions & am taking the responsibility....

I have NOTHING AGAINST ANY OTHER HYUNDAI CAR ON THE ROAD. Yes, I love my GK, but would also sometime in the future love to own a RD. They were the reason I fell in love with Hyundai in the first place. While I thought my car was special in my eyes, I have seen Accents & RD's that make mine look plain or ordinary & know for a fact theirs was better than mine.

If you guys choose to hate me that is your choice. I have nothing against any of you & hopefully in time this will be known.

I'm not sure how I got logged in under that name, but that post above was mine...

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Edited by Javageek --- I will have to look into whatever caused your post to go under another name.</span>
Old 07-15-2004 | 06:53 AM

Thank You, 909 and Mr.tib, we appreciate the fact that you are posting here......and you are welcome to keep posting here....and thank you for the apology Mr.tib.

This whole situation really got out of hand.......I think there is still alot of stuff that has not come out on both sides of this.......

My degrading blanket statements toward GK owners still stand......but like REDZ said above, unfortunately, the couple of you that did come here and post, are still in the minority.
Old 07-15-2004 | 07:06 AM

While that's true, Mr. tib atleast showed class. That is greatly appreciated.