The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tibathon OUTRAGE!

Old 07-13-2004 | 10:38 PM

But you are trying to make them think that I am against all other hyundai communities, you are not giving them a chance to see the whole truth.

Notice the title of the old thread you are linking to...notice "NT.com meet".

It was first thought of to be just an NT meet. It wasnt like we planned of a national tiburon meet, and intended to leave everyone else out. It was going to be an NT meet. Just the same as RD might have an RD meet, or how Ohio folks sometimes have an ohio meet. But as plans came together and got more serious, it become obvious that we could offer enough to make it a much bigger meet. You canot invite tons of people to something that you have no planned, let alone, something that was first intended to be small.

I said numerous times in the very first Tibathon thread that it should be OPEN TO ALL HYUNDAIS. Not just tiburons, not just NT.com. Many people's stances changed as planning changed. At first, it wasnt going to be a big meet at all. Infact at first, it was just going to be a small get together in kansas, not a national meet. But as it became clear that all hyundais belong, the meet was planned to accomodate that.

Not until plans were made so that the meet would be big enough to host for everyone did we let others know. Its not right to invite 200 people to a gas station parking lot. Who was the one that told all the other boards? Was it you? No - it was me. So your whole point is mute.

The issue has been resolved on NT, no need to keep it alive over here, Jon. Just let it go and move on. Worry about the next event, not problems with the last one.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:44 PM

Dude.. it's just a car forum.. lol. I joined NT.com because I wanted information on my new tiburon that I bought. I didn't think I had to join every hyundai forum out there.

Here's another situation. I setup a Port Aransas vacation for July 21st with my friends. I setup our hotel and generally what we would do/what we could do when we got down there. I don't expect them to "owe" me anything. That's rediculous and childish. I merely suggested where to go. They all each have to pay the same as I do to get down there. The same thing happened here. If next year, they all wanted to organize another vacation, I'm certainly not going to cry about it... sh!t that's less for me to worry about! The whole point is it's a VACATION. I go on vacations to have fun, and now it's turned into this big ordeal. I'm not going to go to your event Josh, simply because it's too much hassle for a vacation. I won't have fun being somewhere knowing someone expects something from you. That's just it. I just wanna have fun, without this BS drama. This whole nt.com vs. rdtiburon.com is nonsense. We just wanna have fun man.. it has nothing to do with the type of car you own... that's silly!
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Joshuwa)</div><div class='quotemain'>Please, if you are going to post a link to an entire thread, encourage them to read the entire thread, not just a few sentences from it (ie. Dont be a Michael Moore).</div>

I assuredly agree with this... everyone should read for themselves all the things you said about not wanting anyone but NT people to come... for example...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>this was designed to be a NT.com meet, and it is staying that way</div>

Check out page 8, post 194... page 11, #254... page 13, #314... page 14, #348... page 15, #354... page 15, #358... page 15, #361... and so forth. As you will no doubt notice, Joshuwa argued very diligently against anyone who suggested inviting other Hyundais, even going so far as to make up RULES to prevent other sites from being involved! His faux-indignance is a little misleading (and quite trite), if you ask me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Joshuwa)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also feel free to roam NT.com and find all the posts of 909 blatanly flaming me. His problem is not with you guys, its with me. Infact, he stated several times that he actualy wanted to physicly fight me at the Tibathon.</div>

And feel free to find all the times that Joshuwa flamed 909... calling him a faggot.. an idiot... asking him what, "besides random cock," was up his ass... et cetera, ad nauseum. Also be sure to read where Joshuwa enthusiastically agreed to a "Tibathon brawl," and threatened another NT member, Grasshopper, in the same breath.

Joshuwa, you are an unctuous troublemaker. Why complain about poor treatment from a site where you have contributed very little but personal attacks and general provocation? If you hate the site so much, please make rdtiburon your permanent home.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (909)</div><div class='quotemain'>We just wanna have fun man.. it has nothing to do with the type of car you own... that's silly!</div>

I completely agree Jon, and that is exactly why the Tibathon is no longer being associated with one board or type of car over another.

It is now going to be seperate from all other forums where it will have its own forums, so everyone can come together, no matter where theyre from or what they drive.

If you think things could be better, work with me and the others to help plan it - infact, it might even be good for you and I to work together on something.

Otherwise, just let it be man.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:57 PM

Look up Sardonica's IP, and dont be surprised if she's from Georgia. Infact, dont be surprised to learn that it is 909's side kick.

Also - read the topic of the thread you guys are pointing to. Does it not say "NT.com meet" in it?

It was planned as an NT meet at first. Should an NT meet not include NT people?

Just like I explained before...its the same as if the RD's made a meet and didnt tell anyone but RD's. If its planned to be that way, then there is no wrong done.

You make it out like it was planned to involve everyone, but I insisted that we cut people out. That simply isnt so.

Cici and 909 - keep your drama on NT.com where it belongs.
"
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:03 PM

i'm not trying to bring any drama over.. I'm simply trying to calm people down and put things in perspective. I didn't come here to fight on the internet.
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:07 PM

Then why wont you let it be?
The problem has been settled - no need to keep discussing it, no need to fuel a fire that has already burned out.
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:11 PM

i was talking to jason and REDZ, not you. I was merely responding to people thinking we're a-holes. That doesn't seem to be settled here.
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:18 PM

The people here thought that long before the Tibathon was ever mentioned. That is not a problem caused by this, or even you, and is a something that wont be solved.

If you werent discussing me, why was my name being brought up, and why were you attempting to get them to believe things about me that arent true?

If you want to discuss it with just jason and redz, why not take it to PM?
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:20 PM

not just jason and redz.. this whole thread is bashing GK owners and NT.com, and I just didn't understand it. And REDZ mentioned that NT.com was responsible for not letting other sites join the tibathon, and I was just clarifying that that was not the case, per your posts you wanted the Tibathon to be NT.com only for a good bit. I never bashed you in the thread, you're the one bashing me.