The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tibathon OUTRAGE!

Old 07-13-2004 | 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Man, I didn't think it would have been that bad man. Really. If my State tax return would have been back in time, I would have been there brother.

Truly.

That's it.

Who wants to come to the ABQ BBQ?
Old 07-13-2004 | 08:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>...they might as well own civics ...</div> hehe....yea.

more rd's should just come out to the meets.

and lets see some 600 hp 1st & 2nd gens, then see who's better on the track.
Old 07-13-2004 | 09:51 PM

whoah.. Jesus Christ people... I think you need to calm down a bit. First of all, why the blind hate for GK owners? I own a GK, so does that mean I'm an asshole?!

And Jason, dude I totally didn't expect that coming from you. The only guy I remember talking bad about your car was Bum, and he tends to shoot his mouth a bit sometimes. And even then, when I heard he only commented that he didn't like your spoiler, he wasn't making fun of you. I don't remember anyone else talking bad about your car. I liked your car! I didn't comment on any of the GK's either, but that doesn't mean I didn't like them either. Did you think I was an asshole?!? I think that's pretty unfair. We left the bar early so you guys could walk with us on the strip, but that didn't work out. We were honestly trying our best to include you and Bum (since you guys were underage). It's a very hard thing to do in Vegas. Since I was over 21 I wanted to go to the clubs, was I wrong for doing that?? I mean if you're in Vegas you're going to want to gamble and go to the clubs. I thought we did a pretty good job also including some stuff everyone could attend. Like the gun range, the red rock canyon drive, and the baseball game. We also just went swimming a couple of days.

It really dissapoints me that you didn't have a good time. And it really sucks you think we're assholes. We weren't trying to disassociate ourselves from anyone or not include people at all. We were just on vacation. Me and Cici showed up to every event, whether it included underage events or over 21 events. I think that's really unfair to call us assholes!
Old 07-13-2004 | 09:59 PM

Why the blind hate? Doode, I think it's been listed. Ever since they made that NT.com site into SCC they've been gay. Banning everyone, ignoring the rest of the Hyundai FAMILY, everything. I got really pissed when I went there the other day and saw all the GB's that they've had on parts that WE CAN USE TOO!! And didn't even SAY something to us.

WTF?

You own a GK, so yes, you MAY be an asshole. The virdict is out because I don't know you in person and have seen one post online. Jason "SPIKE" Mann was pretty cool, then he got a GK and became a lying cheating asshole. Now he's got a Lexus. Hmm...

LOL

909, it may not seem like it to you, but they DO dissasociate themselfs with us. If Joshuwa hadn't come here and told us about the Tibathon (Granted, it would have been better if we'd known about it and had a voice in planning), HP and RD AND HA.com all wouldn't have known about it.

You'd be amazed by the amount of folks that Didn't go to the Tibathon just because of that. I could name about 5.

So far, I've met one cool GK guy. He's about 53, lives here in ABQ, and mods his GK. He rules.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:10 PM

I'm sorry to inform you REDZMAN but Joshuwa didn't want anyone but NT.com members to be at the meet at first. In fact, when it was brought up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>O hell yeah I love to drive. already got 27000miles in 1 year for a college kid LoL!!!

Vegas, Kansas, WHER EVER THE MEET MAY BE, i will be there.

***how about A HYUNDAI meet*** not just a tiburon, there are a lot of Elantra and Accent enthusiasts out there if we can get ALL of the hyuindai together(www.hyundaiperformance.com and www.elantraxd.com) it would be a bigger turn out and be more awesome

HOW BOUT THAT????</div>

Josh had this to say:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>we dont "know" those people on those boards.

we have more of a 'community' here where we all have some idea of who each other is. the whole idea of the meet is to meet the people we talk to often - not to see how many of the same kind of car we can put in a town.</div>

LINK

It wasn't until close to the end that Josh changed his mind, because not enough people from NT.com were coming. So don't point the finger at NT.com. They didn't make that decision, Josh did.

This is all getting out of hand... you guys should read up on what really happened instead of calling everyone assholes!
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:18 PM

Typical of anything NT. If NT's going to go down, try to drag who you can with it. :roll:

Please, if you are going to post a link to an entire thread, encourage them to read the entire thread, not just a few sentences from it (ie. Dont be a Michael Moore).

By reading the thread, you will note how I said all hyundais are welcome. When people said "I drive so and so a car" and "my wife owns this, can I still come?". What did I tell them? I told them of course they are welcome - EVERYONE is!

Also note the dates of those posts. That is before the switch to the new software, and the switch to NT-dictatorship.

Also feel free to roam NT.com and find all the posts of 909 blatanly flaming me. His problem is not with you guys, its with me. Infact, he stated several times that he actualy wanted to physicly fight me at the Tibathon.

I also would like to inform everyone that the Tibathon and Tibathon.com is moving to its own domain, where it will have its own furums, seperate from NT.com and the other boards.

This will make sure that the Tibathon is clearly and all-hyundai, all-tiburon meet, and not just a GK meet, or a NT meet.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:23 PM

here's another post josh made when he changed his mind

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I was thinking maybe just make it a huge tiburon meet - not just newtiburon.com

it would still have to be only tiburons though.

maybe even the guys at www.rdtiburon.com

I dont know for sure though - what do you guys think?

The main idea was for members of this forum to meet each other, but if we cant get enough members from here alone then maybe tibs from somewhere else would help. (more people register = less registration fee = still even more money = cooler stuff we can do)

We'd just have to have a secret way of differintiating ourselves from the...."others".</div>

And nobody was stealing an idea. National meets have been suggested before and national forum meets are hardly anything new. Now you're going to hire lawyers because the staff wants to organize the next event?? Seems a bit silly to me. I mean jeez.. i don't want to go on a vacation where I'm expected to "owe" someone something. I spent $2,000 of my OWN money to go to Vegas! Josh didn't donate to that! And now we're the ones being called assholes and phuck NT.com because for the next event we want more than one person to organize? Think about this rationally for a minute. We don't hate other sites or think they shouldn't be included. That's not the case at all. We just wanna have fun. There's no hidden agenda or hate contrary to what other people will try to lead you to believe. WAY too much drama going on... People need to calm down a bit and look at the situation.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:28 PM

Since when am I supposed to "donate" to your personal funds, 909?

How much of your money did you donate to get the Tibathon site up, to make the plans...how much of your time did you donate working with sponsors, other people, and other message boards to make it happen?

The fact is, you didnt donate squat. You waited and watched other people plan it all, and then you went and enjoyed what they planned FOR you. Think again.

And your not doing NT one bit of good. Dragging NT.com drama over here isnt going to help your "story". Anyone on NT knows you have a personal grudge against me, so I am sure you see this as a brilliant oppertunity. Its been two years now 909 - get over it.

Besides - the mods/admin of NT and I worked it out, and it is settled. It is not an issue for you to try and "solve". It has been solved without your aid - no need to try and instigate something. Get on with it - its in the past.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:34 PM

Josh.. i'm simply showing people that it was YOUR idea in the first place to make it ONLY for Nt.com You're the one acting childish about the whole thing. I had fun in Vegas because of the people that came, not because of you. That's the facts. I didn't get anything extra. You merely suggested that we should have a meet. You're way out of line for expecting me to donate to you. I didn't take advantage of ANYONE. I worked for that $2,000 that I spent in Vegas, not you. That was my money.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:34 PM

909, again, you may be an asshole, I don't know yet.

LOL

Fact is though, the rest of the Hyundai Community sees 98% of the GK owners as assholes. Sorry mang.

As for the invites, at least Josh came and did it. When we have a GB here, it's posted at HA, HP, RD, and EXD if it's something they can use. When we have a meet or a DIY, it gets posted everywhere, or at least a link to it. I've been registered at NT.com since near the beginning, I've posted there, I've tried talking to folks, as work with David at Kspec.com. Even had a few guys from NT get ahold of me since I'm in ABQ, then they find out I've got an RD and you never hear from them again. You say that you don't hate other sites and such, that may be true, but you don't acknowledge them either.

The argument here, as everyone is missing now, is that NT.com stepped in and assumed the rights to Tibathon, the Intelectual Property of said meet. They took over and left Josh out, of something he created.

It's simple to me.

BTW mang, can you please add your location to your profile on the main page? It saves lots of questions.

I'm not entirely pissed at RD for not being invited right off, lots of folks don't even know we are here yet. But as you see, we have a avid, and RABID fan/user base here. We are very good partners with HP and HA.com. It's just sad seeing the GK platform, 3rd Gen Tiburons and EXD's, being such pricks to those that STARTED Hyundai tuning in the US.