The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tibathon OUTRAGE!

Old 07-13-2004 | 10:22 AM

Please view the following.

The Tibathon is a meet I came up with, created, spent tons of time, work, and money on - and now NT.com is trying to clam it as their own.

The mods of NT.com stated "It has been our decision to claim all responsiblity for the Tibathon and all Tibathon 2005 plans". They even say that because only 1 RD made it to the meet, that this gives them further reason to do so.

Theyve pulled stuff like this before on other people....its ridiculous.

They saw the meet was a big hit, and now they wish to profit off of it. Dont let this happen!

Please carefully read the thread below:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthrea...?t=15332&page=1

Also see this thread, to see just how long ago I created this meet:

http://www.newtiburon.com/yabbse/index.php...d=32714;start=0

What they are doing is wrong. Redz, I know I'll have your support!
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What pricks, all the way around.

And for Rob169, if he reads this, he can eat my ass with a spork. See, that's the Hyundai problem these days, GK's think they are by themselfs, they forget that Tiburon Tuning has been around almost a Decade now, and it had NOTHING to do with them. They brag about 270 HP, we show them 600's.

Remind them Joshwua, the REST of the Hyundai Community, to include the ORIGINAL Tiburon guys like RD, HA.com and HP.com were left in the DARK about this meet until like 2 months ago. Some REAL notice, and some input from the rest of us would have made things way different.

I'm not getting on you, it's the shit I read in that thread.

Direct them here to post man, I'm moving this to the Gripes forum, it'll stay open, here, we talk about things.
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:40 AM

damn! i've got friends over there at that board...

i'm now officially boycotting. PHUCK NT.COM!!!!

them and their GKlipses can rot in hell. haha! laugh.gif
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:56 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I'm sure when they see they are being boycotted by a bunch of first and second gen tiburon owners, they're going to lift their noses and do that snooty rich guy laugh, I hate that side of the community, they might as well own civics for the good they do for the rest of us. They never brought the community with them in their accomplishments, and when that tib too is outdated, see who they'll be left with, them and their half discovered GKs. Only about 5% of those guys are cool, and care about their cars, the rest like fvcking handle covers and chrome rings for their vents more than they give a damn about tuning. Like some mid 30's guys who wanted another shot at being hip so they try to jump in the scene, buy a couple bolt ons, and then show off to their other midaged friends, happily satisfied, with their superior vehicle. lol fvckin dorks...
Old 07-13-2004 | 10:59 AM

yeah man, it's pretty hilarious. laugh.gif
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:03 AM

Thanks for your support guys!

I have recieved numerous emails and PM's with similar statements of support.

I am currently speaking with the sponsors about this issue as well.
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:04 AM

hell yeah man. i'll ride this one for sure.

that's some phucked up shish!
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:17 AM

I posted info about it on HP.com as well

I hope NT really wakes up and stops trying to pull stuff like this. Everything from the fact that they even attempt to do this, to the childish comments made by the moderator (Ron169) make me sick.

After all of the hard work, planning, and everything that they didnt offer one bit of help in...they now want to profit off of....
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:36 AM

Here is my conversation, via PM with the mod that stated NT was taking over the Tibathon (his words are in bold, mine are normal):

Originally Posted by MR.tib
Well, I see you firing off at the mouth again before dealing with everything & waiting a REASONIBLE amount of time for someone to respond is creating quite a stir on the boards...

I hope you do realize that some people have jobs & do sleep...

I happen to work 2nd shift & I sent you the response to your first PM right before I laid down to go to sleep... Also keep in mind, I live in Az which is a different timezone from you.

That doesnt change the fact that it shouldntve happened in the first place.
Quote:
First things first...

NO ONE & I MEAN NO ONE IS TRYING TO TAKE AWAY ANYTHING FROM ANYONE !!!!!

I completely gave the people the credit due for planning this years meet... COMPLETELY

So it is ok to sit back, whatch others put work, time, and money into something, and then claim all responsibility for it, and others to follow - as long as credit is given?

Sorry - thats not the way things work.
Quote:
Second... You wanted to see where a MOD was working on the planning... Try looking at the first few pages where I was busting my ass trying to get the best rates ( groupwise ) for the rooms. Everyone that had originally stated they were going, either couldn't make it or just stopped posting about it, so that part was dropped. ( PLEASE NOTE: I am not b****ing or whining about the people that didnt' go, as I almost didn't get to make it myself )

I know you helped, and everyone, including myself, appreciates that. But does that still give you, or anyone else, the right to make decisions about it? No - it doesnt.
Quote:
Third... If you learn to READ & COMPREHEND what I wrote, it CLEARLY stated that all memberst that are going to attend will have input into the decisions. I have no problems at all with you being in the planning for the 05 meet... NONE !!!!

Again - its not your decision to "include me" in the planning. I created and started the whole thing! It would be more appropriately my decision to include you!

The Tibathon is not yours to plan and dictate who else is alowed in planning.

Quote:
As for the thread being "removed" as I thought I stated to you, it will be put back up shortly...oh wait... here is the quote from my PM I sent you
Quote:
It is still on the boards for the staff to see, but at this time, we are still working out the details, that's why it was deleted temporarilly...

I guess I am partly in error as I did forget to send the link to you showing you the post I made as well & probably sounded like an arrogant ass, which was not my intentions nor what I was trying to accomplish....

Justify it anyway you please - no matter what you said then or what you say now, it doesnt change the fact that that was not your call to make!

Quote:

Now, if you'd like to continue to discuss this like an adult, instead of like a whining child, I will more than gladly respond to your PM's WHEN I AM ABLE TO DO SO. I will forwarn you though, I will not be on tonight as I will not be home, so tomorrow would be the soonest I could respond....

I am the one being a child? May I remind you...

I am not the one hiding peoples threads (without notifying them) and claiming responsibility for something I wasnt much part in (without notifying its owner).

I think you need to think again.

The simple point of it is this:

The Tibathon is not NT's, nor yours, to dictate!

It is not up to you who to include in planning, and it is not up to anyone else but myself!

Who was the head of this meet? Was it you? Was it NT? Who did the sponsors work with on it? Was it you? NT?

I think you need to serously think of what you are doing. You are saying "Yeah, he did it all, but now we are taking it over...we give him credit though"

If it is not already obvious, perhaps I will remind you:

Everyone is against NT on the issue - read the thread.

The sponsors disagree with you and support me as well, as do all the other boards.

NT.com needs to forget its ego and leave them tibathon be, just like the always have.
Old 07-13-2004 | 11:39 AM

Thats just plain bullshit.

f*** them.

This is just further proof of the phrase I coined :

<u>G</u>reedy <u>K</u>unts

now i know not ALL GK owners are assholes, but 95% of them think they are the shit, well they aint shit.

I love REDZ's hp #'s claims. hmmm lets see, spend the same amount of money on both engines......which ones gonna have more power ???? The BETA of course.

Sorry that all the work you put into this is being jacked Josh.

If they want to have thier own large scale meet let them have it....tuscanthon........it even sounds f***ed up like they are......

TIB-a-thon is not JUST GK's ASSHOLES........there are other tibs in the world and they have been worked on before your cars were ever even in the design phase.

So either get the f*** off your high horse and JOIN THE REST OF THE HYUNDAI COMMUNITY, or Start your own and keep to yourselves, it is absolutely NO LOSS TO US, we've been doing fine w/o you, and will continue to do so.

I feel so much better now. :?