The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Thanks Navy For Screwing My School Life Up.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

either way with college or armed forces your pretty much selling yourself short on the career world today unless your willing to do at least 8 years and gonna start your own shit after. I mean seriously who do you know that just got out and is making any REAL money, really I'd like to hear about it. And don't get me wrong, education is really important. It's just that I spent three years trying to work a real career and go to school. Guess which one I stuck with...yeah work. Guess why...yeah money. You wanna be a soldier or whatever do it for the pride and keep that to yourself so you don't seem an ass cause pride to show off isn't really pride. If you wanna learn something then learn it, but if you wanna make money then get a job and be better at it then anyone else. I'm pretty late on this maybe but I wanted to put my opinion out there. And please don't come back with well you need college to get into a good career. If your thinking that let me tell you how many interviews I have been in where they asked for proof of my college credits- 0. Go figure and how many did I go to that they didn't ask- somewhere around 30 interviews. So you can always lie about it if your too lazy to just start at the bottom of a company/career and work your way up.

Oh and what kinda guy needs a good grade to lay game out??? Don't chicks still go for badasses?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ABQelantra @ Sep 13 2007, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>All KR wants is attention so give him the attention he needs... You are right KR! everyone else is wrong and you are right!
You are the perfect human KR. Everyone else is a waste of sperm. We should all be like you KR.</div>

If a person makes a new thread on a forum, doesn't that mean that person wants attention? Duh.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

There is no excuse for being absent in any college. If you miss class, you read what you missed, look up the powerpoints on the internet, ask people in class for notes, etc. I am at a University and this is standard for community, tech, or university college.

As far as a girl seeing you got a bad grade? Trust me, college girls do not look for "intelligence" in a guy before they hook up with or even date them. Trust me. I have plenty of friends who are COMPLETE morons and still get girls. Plus, she's not going to judge you based off of one quiz. It was probably a 10 question quiz, so what, you got 5 right? Seriously man.

When are you going to start thinking logically and not let shit like this get to you? People make fun of your posts because these are things that happen to everyone everyday and its not a big deal, to most people, your entire thread would not even be worth mentioning in passing..
Old 09-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Sep 13 2007, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But wow Royal Shark. I'm surpised by your behavior, and you go to Catholic School. Maybe your parents made you go? Oh yeah, I'm talking about College here. Getting straight D's in High School is sorry. High School was very easy.</div>

um i dont go to any highschool im done right now, and in my city the catholic highschools are the ones that kept getting locked down cuz someone pulled a knife on someone or something. and how the hell did you know i went to a catholic highschool you stocking me or someting???

and yes i was forced but not by my parents, i got kicked out of public schools and had no choice. and heres a thing for you, i got 50's cuz i didnt give a shit, all i wanted was my credit to get the hell out of there, if it was a class i didnt like (MATH) 50 but if it was a class i liked and was good at (AUTO<MANUFACTURING<MUSIC<ART<ENGLISH) it was at least a low 80.

and whats sad is you look down on me for my grades but im probly doing better in life then you
Old 09-14-2007, 05:56 AM

hmmm.. my highschool was much more advanced than some of yours were...

we had 5 levels... I forget the bottom two.. but they were for people who needed extra "help" with even the most base of issues.. then came "General" "Rapids" and "honors" the Rapids and Honors was were I spent most of my time (except for my general spanish classes) and in my school.. anything below 70% on a test was a fail.. 50's would have seen you out the door.

And believe it or not KR.. I do understand. As a Stage Electrician (so much for my Communications degree) I often had to skip classes in college for up to a week at a time to work so as not to loose my place on the "list" and get bumped further down on the calls
Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I had very shitty grades in high school too simply because I didn't care at all (and was absent most of the time). So what? I focused on what I needed to focus on, and I'm now in my last year at MIT and here I got pretty good grades and I don't complain so bad whenever I have to miss a week of classes - yes it happens to everybody once in a while - and MIT ain't exactly community college tongue.gif

Of course I do think it would be very very hard (or impossible) to keep up if this happened on a regular basis, like in Mad-Machine's case (so props for you!)
Old 09-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

f*** the navy !! get out while you can ! FTN !!!

I got out after 6 years, loved the navy, but its not for me.

your gonna make a good civilian KRN !!!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

KR:

While I can't personally understand what you're going through, sometimes I can read the sarcasam from one sentence to another. Sometimes it's a fine line, and maybe it's mixed with reality.

People see your posts and your threads. They see your shoutbox comments. When you make a thread, people read your words based on the impact you've had with your previous comments on this forum. People approach you in a way different than they might other members. People read that you're blaming the Navy for getting a bad grade and missing class, they take it serious and reply in such a way.

I'm reading a little bit of sarcasm (or exaggeration) into your Original Post... I don't think other people did. Just try to be a little more clear about it next time, and you won't have people responding the way they did and requiring ABQ to back you up. fing02.gif
Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 AM

High school was garbage, I didn't learn much, I missed alot of time I even quit for a year, But I'll tell you what college is you second chance and you really shouldn't mess with that, I went from a failing student with a ase certification to A pharmacy major. In short Maybe if you didnt spend as much time on the net and this site you might get more of your work done, right now this semester is alittle stressful so being on the net as much really isn't my priority.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

haha i agree to that. we put cars before school.

i also agree high school was pointless.