The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

This sucks >.<

Old 02-21-2005 | 10:05 AM

ya i have almost everything except like firedamage/flooding. I have a 500$ deductible also, idk what else.
Old 02-21-2005 | 10:43 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

are you still making payments? i am so(in NY at least) i have to have collision which is a b****..
Old 02-21-2005 | 11:33 AM

Definately go to traffic court, I had 1 speeding ticket dropped that way because one of the two cops didn't show. Also, I had requested the log file for the radar gun they used and never got it, I'm sure that would have gotten it thrown out also since I'm entitled to that informtion. And I haven't tried it, but I do believe you can request a trial by jury as stated above, which costs the state more than they'd get from you paying your ticket wink1.gif

I don't know where you are driving anyhow, I can drive 40 miles across the city and back and not see a single cop.
Old 02-21-2005 | 11:46 AM

kit fox get rid of those rice windshield washer nozzles, theyre stupid and only get u heat w cops. i mean unless you can afford $75 bucks everytime you pass a cop with them on, or if you like getting pulled over!! eyeroll.gif

trust me they dont get u girls...
Old 02-21-2005 | 12:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JalemX)</div><div class='quotemain'>kit fox get rid of those rice windshield washer nozzles, theyre stupid and only get u heat w cops. i mean unless you can afford $75 bucks everytime you pass a cop with them on, or if you like getting pulled over!! eyeroll.gif

trust me they dont get u girls...</div>

I dont need Toby to get me girls, thats first off and 2nd off ive never been pulled over, and i drive in SW Suberbs of Chicago, thats where all the rich people with too much money live and pay enough taxes to have a cop on each street, so with all the fuzz(great 60's slang) that rolls (another great old slang word) around here it shows they dont care that much, but if they stopped me for something im sure id get a ticket for those. there are a few other cars with them on around here.

I took off the rest of the ricey lights like in the tailpipe and on the calipers and in the lower grill and in the CAI soo at least let me keep the ones on my hood.

Mod Edit : Kit, you really need to start organizing your thoughts better.....we can't do it for you all the time.
Old 02-21-2005 | 12:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 500$ deductible also</div>

That is why. I have a license suspension on my record, $100 deductables, $2000 in custom equimpment coverage and I pay $150/mo.
Old 02-21-2005 | 07:16 PM

All of my freinds think that im going to be the first to get a ticket, Ive been lucky so far. We'll see. Sorry for all of you that have been caught, I'll be joining the group soon.
Old 02-21-2005 | 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

God, do you have to refer to your car as Toby?!? What the hell is wrong with you LOL.

No real need for having a $100 deductible as long as you don't get in really small accidents (I.E backing into a pole or something). I don't think my dealer plate even covers me if its just me, like if I ran into a tree, it only has liability. Well worth the cash savings IMO though.

You gots to know how to talk to the police. I read their personality and play off it. You can look at a person and how they act and know how to talk to them to convince them to let you off, least I can. Worked three times out of three for me. tongue.gif
Old 02-22-2005 | 06:44 AM

Ya most of all you always have to show respect but not to the extent that it becomes soo obviously sucking up that they just feel undermined. My dad drives the H2 and the Crossfire on dealer plates always, and he goes 15ish over depending on where and when he has those plates on hes never getting crap from the cops.
Old 02-22-2005 | 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>Which is lame...b/c Tibs are slow as hell. 02.gif</div>

Maybe yours is. Try modifying it, most of the Tib's I've seen are fast.

As was his. Fast enough to get a ticket.

Keep it on topic folks.