The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Stupid People In Parking Lots

Old 03-01-2006 | 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

So, leaving work tonight I was driving down the parking lot, when some retarded lady thought she would have the right of way and was driving across the parking spaces, well she decided to stop once she made connection with my drivers door. My head bounced off the window, my drivers door if FUBAR, need a new front fender, new side skirt, new mirror, and possibly need the car straighted. The police came, took the report, I hear back from insurance tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will find it her fault, since it is, and her policy will cover it (both have progressive) cause I don't have collision on my car.

My neck hurts a little bit now and I have a slight headache. I do know I want everything replaced with new parts, no junkyard parts, and the vinyl needs to be redone on the door. Where should I go for estimates and repair?? My father-in-law suggested carstar on seneca in elma. pics tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2006 | 07:38 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If your head and neck hurts then you should go to the doctor and see if she caused you any physical damage. If you dont the damage could surface later and you wouldnt have any proof that it was caused by her.

OH and sorry about your car, i know some people cant drive, post some pics after you take some asprin.
Old 03-01-2006 | 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Women can't drive.

They need restricted liscences or something.
Old 03-01-2006 | 07:52 PM

I don't know about where you live, but down here Progressive has their own repair shop. When my Elantra got wrecked, that's where they took my car and did an estimate on the damages. They also would have done the repair there, if it wasn't totalled.
Old 03-01-2006 | 07:59 PM

btw.. the ladys insurance will pay for your doctor bill..... my mom does that at a huge hospital here in dayton.. she does the claims
Old 03-01-2006 | 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i got hit in a parking lot about a year ago and it messed up my rear quarter panel
they took off

anyways last friday i found out i had comprehensive insurance the entire time.... owned.gif
Old 03-02-2006 | 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Tibby

If they don't find that it's her fault then something's wrong. Anytime someone t-bones you like that it's their fault...besides, she wasn't even in a driving lane right? Definitely go to the doctor. You don't want to be having problems a couple of months down the road and be SOL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Mar 1 2006, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Women can't drive.

They need restricted liscences or something.</div>

I agree. I'm female and I still think women can't drive!
Old 03-02-2006 | 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

I got the estimate today, almost $2k worth of damage, probably more once they get the door off.
Old 03-02-2006 | 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

that happened in the parking lot?
this woman must've been on drugs or something.

yeah. for sure go to the doctors. make sure you get a referral to chiropractor too. doens't hurt to take preventative treatments. (assuming it'll be covered by that woman)

for estimate, u have to go to the designated repair shop.
Old 03-02-2006 | 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I had the same thing happen to me with a lady in a parking lot. Also she was driving across the parking lanes and I was in the regular driving lane. She was automatically at fault its illegal to drive across the parking lanes. They are solid lines, not to be crossed. I don't know where some people get their licenses but just yesturday some lady almost hit my mother while on the way out from eating at olive garden, same circumstance. Now I haven't sat here and looked up the laws in all the states but in TX is where I had my accident where I was hit. The officer told me that it was automatically her fault because she was clearly on the side of my car over solid lanes. My insurance and finance company also told me the same. That would be my biggest pet peeve when driving in a parking lot. Honestly your not saving that much time cutting lanes and definitly not worth that little time gain with the risk involved. Some people will never learn, I guess.