The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

So Pissed!

Old 03-08-2006 | 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^I heard about that discount thing Macs do. So if you go to any college full time you get the discount? I have no idea how that works. Thats a pretty sweet deal though.

Hopefully Ill be getting my laptop back tomorrow. Whenever I do Ill see how it works and let you guys know what kind of hd they put in there.
Old 03-08-2006 | 11:03 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

No offense to anyone, just being realistic. Macs have been one of the first mainstream computers, even before PC's have, they can do anything. If you have everything for a PC, Mac probably has a better one. "Think Different" is just a slogan because their past sales haven't been appealing. It's a marketing campaign. They're just like any other computers, have windowx Xp programs, dvd/cd rip, freeware, shareware, anything available!

My IT Major friends say that Mac is the next target for Virus' though, but not until they become mainstream again.

Anyways, apart from differences between Windows and Mac, Swift has a problem. Swift, I'm sorry to hear that your HD went out, but think about it, if you really want to keep your computer, the best thing you can do is buy a new HD. Think of how rarely this kind of stuff happens. You won't be able to restore your old files, I hope since the computer was new you didn't have much on there anyways.

Try seeing if there's a warranty that comes with it. Usually laptops have 1 year free warranty that comes with it. I hope a virus didn't fry your HD, because some viruses will do that, go directly for the computer's core and literally burn it out.

Good luck smile.gif
Old 03-08-2006 | 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well I had some spyware on there but it wasnt anything serious. I had a computer running with about 30 different spyware programs and none of them did anything bad. I usually keep on top of those things with firewall and antispyware.

I have no idea what happened. Maybe something invaded my computer. Who knows. But when my computer started making clicking noises I knew something wasnt right.

HKC I did get a new HD for my laptop, so its all new. I only had a 90 day warranty with the laptop. Ill see how my comp runs when i get it back..if its not the same Ill think about a new one. I didnt have that much on there but Im pissed because I did have a lot of pictures that I transferred from my old comp to the laptop. I did it so i had some memories to look at if I got homesick. I have a lot photos on photobucket but not all the ones I really wanted. Kinda sucks. I have the worst luck. 02.gif
Old 03-09-2006 | 12:02 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^Im with you on that one. Why do we always have the worst luck? But if you think about it, other people have it worse than us... and things could be worse.

Glad you at least got it back up and running cool.gif remember to save before you do anything!
Old 03-09-2006 | 12:28 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (code @ Mar 8 2006, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just recently bought a new laptop.. its the new mac

Macbook pro 1.83 Intel Core Duo..

I am taking graphic design here in ohio, and its handles anything I can throw at it, along with the best graphic progs..

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...mily=MacBookPro

I got about 400.00 off from my school.</div>

wtf, MAC makes computers with Intel processors?
Old 03-09-2006 | 06:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yup, now they do.