The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

So I Get Pulled Over Again...

Old 10-10-2006 | 06:05 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

being respectful to those who keep you safe is definately something one should do. i've been pulled over more times than i can count, but i'm always respectful and sometimes i get cut loose with a verbal or a reduced fine. hell there was even a time i got a ticket for running a red light (didn't mean to run it. date freaked out due to a spider and i thought somebody was coming into my lane, when i looked back up i saw the light i was just about to go under trun from yellow to red) cop never gave me a chance to explain so i made a chance in court again respectful got dressed up explained and beat the ticket.

my one gripe though (maybe this happens in your town too) but every morning when i get on the toll road (which is crawling w/ state troopers) to go to work there are always people speeding, changing lanes when they're not supposed to, and tailgating-... but i've noticed most of the time it's the trucks! and what does the state troopers always pull over the sport compacts (riced or not). it seems like the bigger the truck, the bigger the @$$hole. i'm starting to think the f in f150 f250 f350 f450 is a f u c k e r rating. the more jacked up/lifted it is the closer they're going to ride your bumper. maybe i should have a ladder sticking out the back of my lifted tib with a "git-r-done" decal going acorss my windshiled and a gun rack holding a level with a camoflage NRA sticker, that way i could be immune to state troopers and traffic laws (a joke of corse). but why do i only see the sport compacts pulled over i've been waiting for moths to see just one truck pulled to the side and it never happens.

can anyone please fill me in on why trucks are immune? mourningstar you're an officer-... any thoughts?
Old 10-10-2006 | 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^lmao. it does seem that way. and do that with the ladder and decal. lol
Old 10-10-2006 | 07:59 PM

Thanks to three movies.. import cars have an "image" that just screams "pull me over" When I had my tib, I used to get the "look" from passing cops, but as I always stayed within limits and was careful, rarely got pulled over. In my bmw, I do not even get the look anymore. I guess I look like a more settled and respectful member of society.

Of course it could also be because I will be 36 in three days (the 13th) and have quite a growing bald spot on the back of my head.