The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Sister And Accidents

Old 12-25-2006 | 10:53 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

My sister is 23 and hot tall blonde. She has a 2000 Tiburon which has been through just about everything. It really has proven itself from long drives year after year to Miami Beach, Tampa, and worst of all Washington D.C. in all those potholes and crazy one way streets.

She used to be a hardworking manager at my restaurant when she was 22. I love my big sis and she's incredibly smart and talented but I have always excelled in one thing over her, wisdom.

She quit her job and does nothing now, just passed 2 out of 4 classes registered for school. Just sits around on AIM and hooks up with friends and goes to bars with a big 0 on her bank account. She's been in too many accidents to name, all of which were just stupid. She's hit so many deer, and she's also hit people.
She drives around wooded areas late nights, driving people around and going to parties getting drunk late nights. She drives while tipsy (delayed reactions) and that's her lifestyle. I told her soooo many times not to drive around stupidly especially at night wasting money she doesn't have and to find a job and go to school.

I've been working hard as hell making money and finished all of my school, not one complaint from me I even did landscaping work for my parents to show them some gratitude for living with them. My Tiburon is in the shop, it's been there for a month getting a 5-speed. I trust the guys at the shop like hell and they do a hell of a job, but time came up short as they get really busy, one of them had a christmas vacation, so the car won't be done until mid-January. Ok, I'm on break too and I've been driving my dad's Elantra for the past month.

An emergency came up in Florida and Mom needs to drive down ASAP. I already told my parents and sis since November I wouldn't be going. My plan was to drive them in the spring after I quit my job right before I transfer over to Engineering at University (serious biz). So my sister agreed to drive my Mom to Florida while I stay here and do what I desire. Ok, good plan.

What does my sister do? Hits a deer on Saturday while coming back from a party. You guys when I say she hits things, that means her RD2 Tiburon has been in the body shop for serious damages like 2-3 times every year all paid for by my parents. This would make it the third time in 2006, except my parents didn't fix the second fender squash. Now I'm without my car, I'm without her car, I'll be without the Elantra. What now? I need to quit the job I've been loading my beloved Tiburon with and drive my Mom to Florida.

On top of that, I always get blamed for every one of her mistakes. Currently my sister says it's my fault "i throw money away for that stupid car" and it's in the shop now. Funny, I still have at least something in the bank account while she has NOTHING. She always thinks she's right, blames me for her mistakes.

It's so irritating. I'm 100% clean, clean music, clean nice clothes, no wierd punk phases or mood swings, no alchohol parties or drinking, no sex, no girlfriends, and everything I do is to serve my family and benefit my future. She's the opposite of that. She always thinks everything I do is wrong. So what if I put money into my damn car I love, it's a hobby. I have a nice car and debit card with hard worked money on it and I've never ever been in any accident ever and all she can come up EVERYTIME is a wrecked stock Tiburon she doesn't even care about, no money, job, nothing! I do nothing, absolutely nothing and she blames me for all her mistakes. Then when she needs something she gets it from my parents and tells me I'm a retard.

All I ask for is a house to sleep and Mom's cooking. Nothing more. I have everything I will ever want right now, well maybe a nice Piano would work wonders. Here's a big punk sister who always thinks low of me and tells me my car is stupid. The whole thing is just f*cking stupid, the way her approach to life is and the way she treats me. I can NEVER talk any sense to her, no matter whether it's a friendly letter or a nice aproach I can never say, "hey let's talk about our faults and try to fix them" nope she's always right even if she comes home with a $1,000 repair job and 100 speeding tickets.
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Holy shit bro, thats some fvcked up shit. Im real sorry u gotta go through that. Its ashame that the few good people left in society get hardcore screwed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm 100% clean, clean music, clean nice clothes, no wierd punk phases or mood swings, no alchohol parties or drinking, no sex, no girlfriends, and everything I do is to serve my family and benefit my future.</div>

Wow man, I respect that. I wish I could say the same about the whole female scene but yeah, im not exactly into wierd music or stupid styles.

Cant ur mom fly to florida? Or cant u just go on leave from work? O well, forget her, she will get whats coming to her.
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:41 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i mean, sure it's family but damn i think it's safe to say i'm quite normal and nobody pays for MY mistakes but ME. Why? It's MY error, no one elses. If I need aid, I'll ask for it and chances are I'll return the favor and be nice about it. Right? I'm not crazy, that's normal?

haha female scene? what female scene? i wish i could say what you say about the female scene. cool.gif but thanks for the respect, i really think that not being a party animal isn't that bad. i mean you want to be a party animal ok just don't get into trouble. This guy i used to work with died from taking anti-depressants and overdrinking one night and his heart stopped. other people wiped out from cancer. the party animals always give you crap for livin a different lifestyle but we never give them crap for their lifestyle we just ignore it. sorta unfair.

If we fly to Florida, we won't have a needed car. Sure there's renting one, but that would cost hundreds on top of the air fare. It costs about $80 to get there, $80 to get back with the economical Elantra. $160 to be there and free car. Maybe $20 more on gas to spend a week there driving every day. Plane ticket might be $156 per person round trip so $312 for two people, plus $30/day rental car for one week.

the thing with work is i've already agreed to working through, and already on the calendar. we make good money around new years eve.

my sister has been relentlessly bossy since i can even remember, but because she's not a kid anymore, the problems are to a greater degree. now we're adults and she's just a "hot" blonde, body and boobs who hasn't been mugged (god forbid worse) on the street before. she goes out at night god knows where and i tell her not to. she's tall, slim, got the whole package. i tell her, "you could get raped, you could get thrown into a trunk and disappear". She really doesn't want to hear any of it. causing a bunch of trouble she ruined my grades in high school which is why i'm doing college right now... still doesn't want to hear it.

parents will know once their daughters have their little minds and become 18 there's absolutely nothing they can do. she doesn't want to drive to Florida because my parents and I have decided not to fix her car to teach her a lesson. so now I have to drive. Do you think that was a good decision?
Old 12-26-2006 | 12:15 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this family prob. HKC. Some times girls are like that, they dont want to hear anything about them getting into rape situations and stuff like that, they say it wont happen. I've said that to alot of friends that i've had and i've loved like my own sisters, but they just dont listen. Hope everything gets sorted out good.

I'm also clean 100%, dont go party, dont drink, and all that stuff, and me like you get bashed for it from guys and girls that do that. They always i dont know whats good in life and what not, i just let it flow.
Old 12-26-2006 | 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'll pray for you and your sister.
Old 12-26-2006 | 02:21 AM

I hate it when people are like that. I've had some friends telling me 'you should come party blah blah', well I'm just not the drinking type so I never went, they always tried to drag me there. I've been once, and I hated it.

Anyway, some people just need a reality check. I mean, I see too much f***** up stuff on my job everyday, so I don't really feel anything for that crap (Cancer specialized hospital). That makes you think alot different about things in life, believe me... wink1.gif .
Old 12-26-2006 | 06:17 AM

That's just the way women work mate, everything is always everyone fault but their own regardless of the circumstances. They are correct no matter and if the facts state anything to the contrary then they are just lies as far as they are concerned smile.gif I'm not sexist or got anything against women, that's just really, in general how they operate smile.gif
Old 12-26-2006 | 06:47 AM

Hmm..maybe shes just jelous because you are more successful in life atm (got a job, got money, etc.)..that could be the reason why you are always fighting with her.. Maybe she thinks she cant get a job, so she doesnt even try..

I knew quite a few people like that and in the end they only learn when they sit on their own ass.. Maybe talk to ur parents, discontinue any funding that goes to her, dont give any money or nuthing else..I mean leave the roof and some food so she doesnt die from cold and hunger..But maybe she needs a lesson so she realises that life is a lot more than drinking, crazy parties and all other bs..
Old 12-26-2006 | 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Just keep working and doing what your doing and eventually you'll be able to move away from her. You've tried to help her, she'll end up seeing that eventually if you and your parents stop helping.
Old 12-26-2006 | 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry to hear that..hopefully things will work out..it sucks when the irresponsible people get it so easy. But all you can do is tough it out.

Btw, I got my tickets to FL for $150 and you could rent a nice Sonata down there for $200 for a whole week at budget. Driving down to FL is really just painful lol the only time ill do that again is when I move. Flying is always better and its more convenient.