The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Since moving to ABQ...

Old 01-26-2005 | 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i coulda swore i replied....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN )</div><div class='quotemain'>You ARE moving here.</div>
yes sir :drillserg
Old 01-26-2005 | 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>i haven't had many problems w/ parking lots and such. my biggest problem is i suck at driving and i keep on hitting things. my front bumper sucks eyeroll.gif</div>

I have problems with backing into things. When I first bought the GSX and finally got old enough to drive it, I was at the golf course and shot 70. Was my first time breaking par in a while, so I was all happy to leave. I put it in reverse and was backing up the hill. Then I thought.. Hm... there is a pole around here somewhere. I turned the wheel, and SMACK! Off my sideview goes. It didn't have those kinds like the Tib has that fold in... so it got ripped. I was like Oh Shizzle and turned the wheel so it didn't catch my fender... Thats the only time I've been in the Tib and its been my fault. Hit an STi once, but that was because he had humongous ass brake upgrades and stopped hard for a stupid tractor trailer that swerved in our lane. He stopped like 20 feet short, but the Tib's ownage stopping distance I hit him @ 20mph. Police officer found truck driver liable though. laugh.gif LOL.

I feel for ya dude. I got hit and ran by a golf cart (Scratches are on skirt, and it was at golf course so I'm assuming it was a drunk old man) for $500.00 in damage. Pisses meh off.
Old 02-04-2005 | 08:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Casper)</div><div class='quotemain'>She bumped my rear bumper. How do I know this. I was IN THE CAR at the time</div>

Wow. That's exactly what hapened to me today. I'm sitting in my car, going over some receipts before getting out, and a lady parking in front of me backs into me. Rocks my car with a firm bump. I run up to her after she's out and walking away without a word to me, as if she didn't know what she had done, even though we had eye contact at the time. After threatening to call the cops I finally got her to at least apologize, but she didn't think it was out of the norm to bump other cars. "How else can I get into these spaces?" she said, and she was utterly serious. Ugh. It was exactly like I imagined, people use other cars as indicators when parallel parking.

Fortunately, it looks like only my license plate was damaged. Just bent a bit.

On a side note, I'm starting to wonder if the Tib attracts @$$hole drivers. Last night a riced Honda Civic going 35 in a 45 is almost to a green light. I'm coming up at 50 to make the light, and am two schoolbus lengths away and slowing when he hits the brakes. I come to a stop behind him, AT A GREEN LIGHT. Honk the horn after five seconds. He doesn't go. Cars piling up and honking behind me. Finally he goes as the light turns yellow. I make it through too. I guess he simply wanted me stuck at the light. Then he proceeds to go 20mph in a 45 zone until I finally turn off. I wasn't tailgating. WTF.

And last week I had another ricer, this time in a Geo, tailgate me when I'm doing 62 in a 55 zone, on a completely empty four lane highway. No exits for miles. I slow down to 55 eventually, and he still won't get off my @$$ and go around. So I do what I usually do and hit the windshield washer. He backs off fast. smile.gif But then he flies around me and SLAMS on the brakes. If I hadn't swerved into the other lane, there definitely would have been an accident. I wish I had called the police for that one.

I honestly don't get it, but I'm wondering if the Tiburon attracts the attention of evil ricers. Must be a jealousy thing.
Old 02-04-2005 | 09:07 PM

^^you should've called an ambulence when she bumped you..instant lawsuit..just say you're experincing back pain from the hit
Old 02-15-2005 | 05:28 PM

Where is ABQ, anyway.
Old 02-15-2005 | 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's in NM, the land of enchantment.
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

try living in maryland. your car will get raped by shopping carts and SUV drivin' soccer moms.
Old 02-16-2005 | 04:40 PM

Oh yeah I remember now, My car hasnt been hit yet in MN, but then Ive only had my license for less than a year now.