The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Since moving to ABQ...

Old 01-23-2005 | 02:36 PM

Default Since moving to ABQ...

I moved to Albuquerque 1 year & 1 week ago, and I tell ya that people here have NO respect for anyone but themselves! (Generally speaking...no disrespect to anyone here) My car has been bumped, dinged and smacked in this town! Not one note, or even apology. They just hit and run.
BUMPED: (front bumper)

DINGED: (passenger door)

and SMACKED: (drivers side rear)

And I just replaced the rear bumper too! What is up with the people in ABQ? UGGHHH!!
Old 01-23-2005 | 02:57 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not cool..i think every body has those problems no matter what city your in...when i moved to fredonia i was just parking at this bar where i was gonna apply for a job (around noon-1pm)and this b**** in an old ranger started backing up at like 20mph...i realized she didnt see me and very quickly dropped the ebrake put it in reverse and backed up as fast as i could...she may have just knicked my license plate but didnt do any damage...i know cuz i inspected it for like 10 minutes... she kept saying... it didnt do nuthin, it didnt do nuthin.. i was so pissed! i kept saying how could you not see a bright red car!! i took her plates in case there was unseen damage..
Old 01-23-2005 | 03:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Man that sux bad. I would be more than pissed if I came out to see that.
I however, have been a little more fortunate since moving to KC. It was April 15 (taxx day, yes it's a four-letter-word for some of us), 2003. I was in the grocery store parking lot, it was a windy day. A lady and here three kids in a Camry pull up on my passenger side. The kids open the rear pass door to get out and. . .wham! Smash a $1400 dent in the side of the Tib. Before I could walk over to that side of the car the lady says, " Oh, she got you good." Like she'd just said a clever joke or something. Anyway, lady gives me here insurance info, and says she plans to pay for it herself, shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars, just take it to one of those paintless dent removal places. She'd had to use them for her Camry before. Pahhhh This is MY car.
I went to the place that specializes in Porsche's, Lambo's, you get the picture?! Felt KINDA weird being there w/ my Hyundai...but, I wanted the BEST, and wasn't about to spare anything just cause this lady thinks the paintless thing is the way to go. I got the estimate and felt REALLY bad (it was really pricey), so I waited a few weeks to drive out to her house and hand her the bill. She sees the dent in the side of my car and says it looks worse than she remembers, but HAD ALREADY contacted her insurance. They had a check out to me w/in a few days. Best I could've ever expected.
Sorry for the ramble, I was really fortunate to still be IN my car when it got dinged, and had a responsible person turn it in to their insurance so I could get it fixed.
The KC hail damage, now that's another story!!
Old 01-25-2005 | 06:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yup... every city has that crap.

I drove to school the other day (I dont like parkin my car in philly, but I was runnin late). Well, apparently this lady wanted to squeeze her car into a spot behind my car. The spot was not big enough for her. She bumped my rear bumper. How do I know this. I was IN THE CAR at the time reading a book! Wouldnt you be MORE careful if someone is IN one of the cars your close to? Nope, not here in philly. I look at her in my rearview and she is waving at me like "dont wory about it". taz.gif I get out of my car and inspect. It wasnt a hard bump, but still. Luckly it wasnt hard enough to even scratch my paint. I did check good. What did I do? Start up my car and back up to split the difference. I wasnt gonna chance that happening when no one's lookin.

Sucks all around man... no one can have anything nice because no one respects anyone else eyeroll.gif
Old 01-25-2005 | 08:01 PM

I appreciate the responses. At least I'm not alone in this. (I figured I wasn't, but it's good to know.) I do feel better.
Old 01-26-2005 | 12:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

ABQ just happens to be big, and with all the illegals, you gotta be careful.
Old 01-26-2005 | 07:01 AM

I can't stand people who do crap like that. I always respect other people's vehicles and go out of my way not to ding anyone. When i was in college, there was a group of rednecks in a truck who parked next to my Stang. One of the fockers dinged my car and they all started laughing while I was in the car! When they left, I got outta my car and punched his passenger's side door with my fist..I left a big hole with knuckle prints on his door. I then got in my car and parked in a different parking lot. I saw the guy driving his truck later in the day and he did'nt look like he was laughing anymore.
Old 01-26-2005 | 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i don't wanna hear this...i'm being talked into movin to ABQ tongue.gif:

i haven't had many problems w/ parking lots and such. my biggest problem is i suck at driving and i keep on hitting things. my front bumper sucks eyeroll.gif
Old 01-26-2005 | 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's no worse than anywhere else man, just be careful where you park you know?

You ARE moving here.

LOL
Old 01-26-2005 | 08:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>ABQ just happens to be big, and with all the illegals, you gotta be careful.</div>

Over here it's little kids who love to push the cart away when the parents finish loading up the car with groceries..