The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Reflective Spray?

Old 12-06-2007 | 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Don't speed. You might run over a kitten.
Old 12-06-2007 | 07:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Very true. You should install those whistlers on your bumper to scare animals away. nana.gif
Old 12-07-2007 | 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Please don't tell me you're going to pay that ticket..

All you have to do is go to court and say that it wasn't you. Unless they have a shot of YOU in the driver's seat, they can't ticket you. Say something like "Yeah, I often borrow the car to my friends/family, there is a set of the keys hanging on the key ring in the kitchen. That could have been anyone from my sister, to my dad, to my cousin. But it was definitely not me."

I have never seen a judge subpeona any "witnesses" or people to "back" your story for a speeding ticket.

Do NOT pay that...
Old 12-07-2007 | 10:15 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Get the "Super Protector"...

Ghostplates

It's illegal though 02.gif
Old 12-08-2007 | 02:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Nice videos viper2x, i wonder if cops can actually challenge that somehow and what they would do about getting a speed that is too high. certainly they're not going to let someone like that off the hook, at least not in florida.

ericy, easy for you to say. you can scare them off with your BOV!

i speed only when i know it's safe. like if the road is 100% clear, when everyone's speeding and i'm far behind keeping distance, lanes are big and horizon is far...etc. i can't say i'm the safest (sway bars are fun!), but i'm one of the most logical drivers out there.

i hate to say it but i've noticed a few things here. most american drivers will floor it from one light to the next. why? 1. they don't care. 2. the max number of years they own their cars is 4 years, or it's on a lease. 3. their cars are V6 and can handle it. 4. they don't care about fuel economy, as Hyundai Corp. have learned by now. i'm one of the most sluggish drivers out there but the courts don't know that.

Oz, those ghost plates are awwesoomme! that split plate cover is genious!!! hahahah!! only problem with it is cops come at you from angles too. i wish that it couldn't be seen by the naked eye...

zoned do you think i could say my car was at a shop getting serviced and that wasn't me? would they ask which shop it was and give me a hard time about it?
Old 12-08-2007 | 03:26 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

He would definitely ask which shop, just to try to catch you in a lie and make you fumble over your words. If you wanted that to be believable, you'd have to bring in receipts proving the car was in the shop THAT day...

Just go with the family story. There's no way he can prove OR disprove that story.
Old 05-11-2008 | 01:29 PM

In my newspaper there is an article that says they just finished implementing 63 new cameras in the county. Well I officially am going out of my mind now. I got two more camera violations. The letter threatens to suspend my license and registration. I'm never an unsafe driver and if I do go over the limit it's only a burst of 2-3 seconds when its empty, or maybe in neutral on my brakes downhill to save energy.

They sent me a $65 fine. $40 for the ticket itself and $25 for the late fee. ?????? I never knew I had a ticket because they never sent one to me until we called and asked them to. They just won't leave you alone, this happened 5 months ago and I already spoke to them on the phone that they never sent me a ticket so how was I supposed to know it was late in the first place? why should a peaceful safe regular 100% legal citizen be the equivalent of a criminal? That's what I was talking about in my other thread, f*ing communism.

I just hardwired my detector. It's truly sad when a good responsible driver cannot leave home without a detector. I'm really trying to modify my plate. At least a reflective film on one of the numbers. Fed up with this mess from 5 months ago. Maybe a plastic scratched up fogged up license plate cover. You guys living in the suburbs don't know how bad this country is rotting. Maybe not you, but your kids will feel the hit.
Old 05-11-2008 | 01:41 PM

from what i've heard from a friend who is a police officer. if you fight the ticket there must be a police officer present in the court room. so if no cop writes the ticket, then no cop would be present at the court house when you fight the ticket.
Old 05-11-2008 | 02:35 PM

it's a laser speed camera so it's up to the judge regardless. i just think it's a waste of my damn time and their damn time.

what a waste of human effort.
Old 05-11-2008 | 06:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

wow, glad i don't live in maryland. me and big brother don't get along.