The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Real veilside or fake who cares it's the effort that counts

Old 09-09-2003 | 11:28 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

After having the body kit... I would seriously never get another 00-01 tib without a kit... I loved my car when I got it... now I look at a stock tib and can't stand the way it looks. I guess that's just me.

As for fake vs. real... it kinda irritates me how I spent $2300 on my body kit, and other spend $700 and get the same look. There is a fake that lives near me... and when you sit 2.5" off the ground, you're gonna scrape. With the cheaper prices come cheaper materials and less quality. I have had my kit for over 9 months, and never got any cracks or breaks at all. The fake kit that lives near me seems to have a different bondo patch everytime I see it. The quality just isn't there. He'll end up paying so much to keep it fixed, patched, and repainted, he should have just bought the authentic kit to begin with. There is a huge quality factor... you get what you pay for. Personally... I love being this low... but as others hate my body kit... I've grown to hate the stock 2nd gen tib... to each his own :roll:

I've received so many e-mails off of my cardomain site with people asking me how I got it to fit properly. These people unfortunately bought the fake kit, and when they got it, it was almost impossible to get it to fit properly. One guy had to pay $1200 to get it fitted for his car it was so messed up. Myself on the other hand... I installed it in one day with a friend... with no problems... saved quite a bit of money. I feel bad for the people who get ripped off thinking their buying a real body kit and aren't aware it's a fake/replica. That's what irritates me the most. It would be different if the crap actually fit and was decent quality. I do think Veilside has outrageously high prices, but you get what you pay for... and now you can get the full kit for $1800 I believe... so their prices have come down.
When you think about it, there are quite a few more Stock looking tibs than VS tibs... so they are a little more rare. I've only seen one other VS in person (fake of course). The only reason you think there are so many is because we're on the internet, where we're able to see 500 other tiburons at the click of a button. And let's say there are around 100 Veilside (fake or not) Tiburons in the US... that's still considered pretty unique, isn't it?
Old 09-10-2003 | 06:20 AM

The big problem, as you outlined, Majik... people buy the fake kits (some with the logo in the glass too) and then start to bad mouth VS for making an "inferior" kit... like you said, you get a lot of questions on how you got it to fit properly...

And yes, in many cases you do get what you pay for. Not my cup of tea.. but it is an improvement on the 2nd gen. (At least IMHO)
Old 09-10-2003 | 09:03 PM

Sniff sniff I think I'm gonna cry }'( My bud has the cheap knock off and his is white as well and he shaved his door and trunk and also has the inverted hood. The price of install was quite cheap if you have you're own personal body man to install it with a few beers in him.It looks real good and has the knock off vs logo in it as well but it's not the name brand or the low clearence when lowered .it's the way you have it installed and take care of it or anything if you have the kit installed most people don't even drive there car except for shows.Like the one I was at recently in pittsburgh there was real veilside and the so called terrible fake and you know what I could'nt tell a damn differnce between the to.No I did'nt take the kit's off and look at the quality of the fiber glass.No I did take it through rigoris testing for durability.No I just looked at them an they looked nice big deal does'nt matter if you spend $2300 or $399 just as long as you take care of it and have a real good body man with a few beers in him saves you money in the long way.AND NO I DO NOT CHASE CARS WITH THE VS TO SEE IF THEY ARE FAKE OR REAL WHO CARES.
They took the time to modify there car for them not for everybody else for me I'd rather have the club gtr kit or the ziefro kit and if I had a choice if I had $2300 dollars to spend it would not be on a veil side kit it be on a turbo kit .And yes I'm a former mechanic so I save tons of labor with a few beers hee lol.gif
Old 09-10-2003 | 09:26 PM
Administrator

Let me put it to you in this perspective... if you bought something for $2300... then a month later somebody is getting the same recognition and looks as you, but spent $1800 less, would that tend to make you a little irritated with the cheap knock off version?
Some of the fake kits are really noticable and you can tell the difference... but im sure there are some where you can't. I've seen a fake one and I parked next to it... they are different heights from the ground, they don't fit as good, and they chip and crack easier. And IMHO... a show car is made to be seen. I don't agree with having a show car and putting it in a garage unless you're taking it to a show. I think it's meant to be driven and for others to be able to see your work. Maybe not a daily driver, but don't go to the point of rolling it out of a trailer and only starting it to put it back on the trailer...
Old 09-11-2003 | 04:55 AM

argue.gif heh Listen don't get bent out of shape all I am saying if the person wants to modify his car in any shape or form.He has a right to.
No mather if it's a sticker to Full out ground effects Every person is not the same What I really meant by the title is we're all trying differnt things.
because I think that if every person paid $2300 f0r a kit all of our cars would look the same and as you value you're car everybody else values theirs in a differ'nt way so like I said to the point VEIL SIDE OR FAKE WHO CARES. it's the effort that counts not the nid pickers that have to spot every little detail to make them look better who cares we're all trying.
Yes I admit the kit looks nice but who cares if it's real I don't ask I repect the effort the most and no I don't take a tape measure out to compare the height differance of the kits but one thing to add what if one of them lowered the car and one did'nt just my 2 cents thanks And I don't pull out a magnifing glass to check out the attention to detail .My friends always dis other cars but I don't least there trying. I've seen people go through phases from bad to good I've seen people go from having a k car to a fully decked out wrx.My friends dis these cars all the time.and what's real funny 95 percent of my friends don't even know how to change oil let alone do works to there own cars they always get someone to do it for them with a few beers in them I do all my own work and I always help my friends.either it be performance modifications to body modifications I don't Nit Pick I just repect the modorater I don't try to compare I am what I want to be a person who loves cars and performance oh and my wife don't forget that. :explode:
Old 09-11-2003 | 10:34 AM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djnevamind)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes I admit the kit looks nice but who cares if it's real I don't ask I repect the effort the most and no I don't take a tape measure out to compare the height differance of the kits but one thing to add what if one of them lowered the car and one did'nt just my 2 cents thanks And I don't pull out a magnifing glass to check out the attention to detail .</div>

I couldn't agree more. I applaud the effort and the time spent on the car. If they get a fake kit, I just hope they make it look good. It isn't the fake kits I hate, it's the companies who mislead people into getting crappy kits. It just kinda hurts that I spent $2300 for something, and now it's possible to get it for under $500. I find more respect for those who went the extra mile and got the better kit, but I don't look down on those with the fake kits. I'm just glad I can say I have the real thing.
Old 09-11-2003 | 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

*DJ, slow down a bit, and it's NIT PICK!*

lol.gif
Old 09-11-2003 | 04:27 PM

sorry :evilguy:
Old 09-15-2003 | 05:26 PM

Just a thing... does VeilSide know that people are knocking off their kits AND stamping their logo into the gel coat?
Old 09-15-2003 | 06:40 PM
Administrator

yes they do. They have sued some companies I believe (don't quote me on that) and have been successful in banning some people from EBay for selling the fake kits.. unfortunately, Veilside has better things to do than watch EBay everyday, so kits are still being sold. That's the sad part. You put all this money into designing a completely unique kit, and somebody rips you off and takes credit and money for your idea and hard work.