The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

People hitting your car.

Old 01-08-2005 | 10:17 PM

i've got the same problem... though mine is at school. buncha rich kids like you all have, they dont care about much. i've been so tempted to start kicking in the doors of cars which have the same color paint as the paint marks on my door but that wouldnt solve anything. it just pisses me off that people dont have enough respect to take it easy on cars in the next spot. its not that hard to open the door just enough to get out... i mean come on.
Old 01-08-2005 | 10:26 PM

I can tell you one thing though. When I go back to college in 2 weeks... I will sue the college if there is any damage to my car. We have to PAY to park on the college premesis (it's a community college so... no dorms or anything). It's $10 to park there for one year's worth of school. Not only that, but there is college security rolling around in their golf carts on campus and Jeep Liberty's in the parking lots. They have all the time in the world to write kids' tickets for parking in teacher spots or parking wherever they can since the college doesn't have enough parking space for that many students. They should DAMN well have all the time in the world to make sure college students' cars aren't damaged. If I'm paying to park my car there, I better be paying to make sure it doesn't get hurt.

The only reason I make such a big deal is because I haven't taken the Tib to college yet. I only took one online class last semester and the semester before that, I had the Elantra wagon.
Old 01-09-2005 | 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ToXiC_LovE)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's $10 to park there for one year's worth of school.</div>
ah, quit your b1tchin. haha. my college, commuters pay $50 for a year, residents pay $100...

parking spaces are like non existant. they give more permits than spots.

i've lucked out. i haven't gotten any noticable damage from ppl in parking lots. *knock on wood*
Old 01-09-2005 | 08:18 PM

Damn that's alot of money for parking. I'm glad parking permits were only $20 bucks for me!!
Old 01-10-2005 | 09:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>ah, quit your b1tchin. haha. my college, commuters pay $50 for a year, residents pay $100...

parking spaces are like non existant. they give more permits than spots.

i've lucked out. i haven't gotten any noticable damage from ppl in parking lots. *knock on wood*</div>
Well it's a community college, so I don't see why we would spend more than $10. I mean tuition itself is barely anything (... and so is the education you get *cough*).

And yeah, some kids park on the grass, on the sides of the parking lot... anywhere they can. Then they get tickets for it. Seriously, if you're going to have so many classes with so many students, you should be able to provide spots. It's not OUR faults the parking lots are unfit for the college, lol.
Old 01-11-2005 | 09:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>ah, quit your b1tchin. haha. my college, commuters pay $50 for a year, residents pay $100...</div>

That's nothin'. For this semester only I am paying $160 to park in a deck as a commuter. What a rip. But it's either that or parallel park half a mile farther away on the street, which I have done for the last two years once I gave up on my previous car not getting scratched and dented. During those two years I collected two dozen small dents, several colorful large scrapes, and a destroyed corner lamp from someone trying to parallel park into my car. Seems a lot of people use the bumpers of other cars for space indicators too, judging from the many hairline cracks in the paint on my old car's bumpers. I'm not letting that happen to my tib.

I have my first scratches from parking lots already. The mysterious white paint marks from doors, and no cars parked near me. I also had someone park so close to the driver's side that I could not even get in my car, and I was parked way at the back of the lot. It was ridiculous, my mirror had been hit too, definitely done on purpose since there were no other cars for 20 spaces. I had to get in from the passenger side. That was the closest I ever came to keying a car.
Old 01-12-2005 | 06:27 AM

When I was in College, I went to Stockton State College (Still have a hard time calling it "the Richard stockton college of New Jersey") and they had a SERIOUS parking problem there.. especially on cold or rainy days. Nobody had permits, anybody can park there for free... but the problem was, the dorms were on the other side of the lake.. a good 20 minute walk at best.. in the rain or freezing cold weather, the dorm people would drive to the school and use up all the commuter spots.

I was lucky though, I also worked at the school at the Performing Arts Centre... I had a permit to use the faculty parking areas.
Old 01-12-2005 | 08:25 PM

i pay 75$ for my Highschool parking permit, i get extra early every morning to get the 1st spot in the 1st row (near the entrance whereeveryone can see and be envious of my Tib) I got dented the first day i came to school, and then like a week later, since then somehow ive been able to avoid more dents for like 7 months now or something, i find that parking closer to the left side of the spot is better cuz most of the people only drive by themselves so when they get out they always get out left side (no1 has right hand steering wheel out of like 1000 cars, weird huh?wink1.gif ) soo, i try to park as close to the left side i can while still giving a "possible passenger" the ability to step out without hitting my door, i have no problems with the front spoiler, everyonevs afraid of it cuz i have like large spikes pertruding out the liscnese plate, realy sharp large spikes, lol, so people tend to avoid that, i actualy cut my leg up once cuz i walked by and got stuck on them lol. my friend kept getting his EVO banged up at school and threatened the shnit out of the school so they gave him a spot in the teachers parking spot, im thinking about doing the same hehe, tons of rich white kids go to my school, they have all kinds of cars, theres about 1000 cars at my school and mines the only Tib (not counting a BRAND BRAND BRAND NEW STRAIGHT OUT OF THE DEALER NEW NEW NEW black Tiburon, but it dosent count, none of the 2003+YR tibs are realy Tibs, they are just, like, umm, well, they arnt tibs, anyway, like at malls and stuff people dont care though, they have some 1930 Ford POS or Festiva or GEO Metro, its soooo old and rusted that they just dont care when they open their doors, a kid at school has a Porsche Boxter, he had his SIDE WINDOW knocked out by a oversized huge Ford Explorer Sport (with the extra long doors). people just simply dont care, inconsiderate buncha (insert favorable exploit here), it has become a social epidemic within not only our country but in our world (although others property is generaly more respected in europeon countries (or not)). We must learn to deal with this, i assure u there is AT LEAST $1 Million (USD) in damages from such a little issue, it may be little and sometimes barely noticable, but it creates a huge scar on car society, it truely is a major problem. Currently there is not much but little subtle ways for us to avoid this problem, but its sad that many who own cars that do not wish for them to be banged up must be subjected to parking 3 1/5th miles away just to go into a cigar shop and buy a lighter.

P.S. below is a journal entry for English class i wrote 2 weeks ago

<div align='center'><u><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff"><span style="font-family:Times New Roman">Journal 5 “Free topic”</span></span></span></u></div>

<span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff">Being confronted with the ability to write a free form idea of choice in a selection of journals it was important to choose a topic that would be substantially important within daily life; not necessarily life threatening or having the impact of changing everyone lives but a small simple gesture that happens to millions on a daily basis. The topic that I refer to is banged-up car doors.</span></span></span>

<span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff">Many days I approach the parking lot, where there are hundreds of cars entering and exiting on a daily basis, in hope of finding my cars sides to be dent free and scratch liberated, I am disappointed on a semi-daily basis. It is terrible that people do not respect others property, especially when it comes to an object that is worth several thousands of dollars. Just because someone else has a 1930 Ford “piece of shit” does not mean that, they have the right to abuse my car due to the fact that they do not care about their own vehicle. Generally, when I look at the cars that have banged against my side they are old, dilapidated cars with no value that barely hold together and there is more scratches and dents on the car then there is cars on the road. Just because this ramshackle has no value does not mean that it must bring down the value of my car. The golden rule [“treat others like you would like to be treated”] does not apply in this situation because these people do not care how their car is treated. Greatly outraged am I due to the immorality of the people who do this and the low ethical standards on this subject which is extremely poorly given attention by the citizens of this country. It is often seen that people with these neglected cars are jealous and do acts such as the ones described on purpose out of envy for others; not only is this wrong, but it should be punishable, no single person should ever have a right as such and be able to harm any other person nor their property.</span></span></span>
Old 01-12-2005 | 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox)</div><div class='quotemain'>i pay 75$ for my Highschool parking permit, i get extra early every morning to get the 1st spot in the 1st row (near the entrance whereeveryone can see and be envious of my Tib) I got dented the first day i came to school, and then like a week later, since then somehow ive been able to avoid more dents for like 7 months now or something, i find that parking closer to the left side of the spot is better cuz most of the people only drive by themselves so when they get out they always get out left side (no1 has right hand steering wheel out of like 1000 cars, weird huh?wink1.gif ) soo, i try to park as close to the left side i can while still giving a "possible passenger" the ability to step out without hitting my door, i have no problems with the front spoiler, everyonevs afraid of it cuz i have like large spikes pertruding out the liscnese plate, realy sharp large spikes, lol, so people tend to avoid that, i actualy cut my leg up once cuz i walked by and got stuck on them lol.</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>my friend kept getting his EVO banged up at school and threatened the shnit out of the school so they gave him a spot in the teachers parking spot, im thinking about doing the same hehe, tons of rich white kids go to my school, they have all kinds of cars, theres about 1000 cars at my school and mines the only Tib (not counting a BRAND BRAND BRAND NEW STRAIGHT OUT OF THE DEALER NEW NEW NEW black Tiburon, but it dosent count, none of the 2003+YR tibs are realy Tibs, they are just, like, umm, well, they arnt tibs, anyway, like at malls and stuff people dont care though, they have some 1930 Ford POS or Festiva or GEO Metro, its soooo old and rusted that they just dont care when they open their doors, a kid at school has a Porsche Boxter, he had his SIDE WINDOW knocked out by a oversized huge Ford Explorer Sport (with the extra long doors).</div>

congratulations, my friend, on the longest 2 sentences EVER on this site.
Old 01-13-2005 | 07:56 AM

that does have to be a record... seriously though, you do make a good point. It is a passive aggressive thing. They look at your car and even though they do not go out of their way to trash it.. they do. If the wind catches their door and hits your car.. oh well, you must have the money to fix it.. sorry... gotta go to class, seeya!

The same with your friend with the Boxster. Porsches are weird cars, they bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. I think it was one of the editors of Car and Driver who mentioned driving a new porsche and looking up to see a grandmother in the back of a minivan giving him the finger... just for driving a porsche that was not even his.. he was testing it for the magazine.

It is a matter of perception.. and face it, you just ask for people to bang up your car the way you get to school early JUST so you can get the best spot where everyone can see your tib. Personally, I do not care of people notice my car.. I would actually prefer they don't.. notice it because it is on the road, not because it is special and require's special notice.

I do not mind if an enthusiast enjoys it.. but for the average person on the street, I prefer to fly under their radar.