The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Newbies on the site who are LAZY!!

Old 10-24-2004 | 04:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Don't buy the OBX Power Pulley kit (PS/WP)

Put that up in Suggestions and email Java mang. Good idea.
Old 10-25-2004 | 06:06 AM

Default Re: Do the Forums seem slow to you guys?

i think when someone first registers and they come into the forum some kind of window needs to pop up and tell them HEY SEARCH FIRST THEN ASK!
Old 10-25-2004 | 06:55 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Concept theme

I'm still a Newb but I've gotten better I think. It's hard, just like REDZMAN said, a lot of the time the people posting don't understand that there are rules. I sure didn't, I wanted to see what I could do to my car and see what others had done. I didn't care if it had been covered before. Know I agree with iamcyclopseatme to an extent, it's tough to answer questions about the same exhaust system, or how much hp Tim's extreme kit will give you? LOL

I dunno, it's not that bad. Keep in mind people feel comfortable on this site, I know I did when I first started posting. I knew that if I had a question or a comment I could say it and either be backed up or comfronted with a positive attitude. I love that about this site, please don't change that!
Old 11-02-2004 | 11:33 AM

Default Re: My wife is slowly killing me!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Repetitive questions bother man.

It's just a fact.

Like when someone asks about where to find an exhaust, and 2 posts down from theirs, there is an answer to that question, or there is a STICKY with the exact info they want.</div>

Redz is right...they do bother. Now I know I am not the smartest when it comes to cars but I have learned a lot from this site. It helps to keep a positive attitude toward the newbs. A hobby of mine since I was very young was keeping frogs. So I can attest to how annoying it is to have to answer the same questions over and over again...it happens on my frog forum all the time. But us oldies over there are very patient and repost as many times as necessary...or post a link to the thread that covered the topic already.
Old 11-02-2004 | 01:59 PM

Default Re: FS.. Unpainted never installed Cuda Wing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lil_Tiby)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Repetitive questions bother man.

It's just a fact.

Like when someone asks about where to find an exhaust, and 2 posts down from theirs, there is an answer to that question, or there is a STICKY with the exact info they want.</div>

Redz is right...they do bother. Now I know I am not the smartest when it comes to cars but I have learned a lot from this site. It helps to keep a positive attitude toward the newbs. A hobby of mine since I was very young was keeping frogs. So I can attest to how annoying it is to have to answer the same questions over and over again...it happens on my frog forum all the time. But us oldies over there are very patient and repost as many times as necessary...or post a link to the thread that covered the topic already.</div>

So let them bother you, big whoop.....but to actually take the effort to post just to be an Asshole? Why not just do the search and post a link, then perhaps expplain in the same post how to use the search feature?

The thing I don't understand about your post is this:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>So I can attest to how annoying it is to have to answer the same questions over and over again...</div>

Why do you HAVE to answer the question? Why can't you just move on and let someone else who is willing to help, help?

I can't fathom why a forum question that has been answeerd before can bother someone. Save the frustration for the bigger things in life, like when you go to fart and accidentally $hit your pants.........while at work.
Old 11-02-2004 | 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: what are the dyno's readings on stock RDs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>AllBlackTibby
Headers/Catback

That's why you can't fathom it.

You aren't here, or posting much.

For those of us that are, and we get ANOTHER "How much HP will this whistle tip give me" thread, typed by a 12 year old, and there are 2 others on the SAME PAGE WITH THE SAME QUESTION, it's annoying.

Simple.

This is a dead issue. And it needs to just die.

LOCKED>