The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Newbies on the site who are LAZY!!

Old 10-05-2004 | 05:04 PM

Default Re: help need cheap hp

Ugh.. This is starting to really piss me off.. Newbies on the site who INSIST upon asking questions as if they know something, and the fact that they are too lazy to use SEARCH to find what they need to know.. Hell, many times, they make a post about something that is already on the HOME PAGE in another thread in the last 10 topics.. GRRRRRRR Its retarded.. Are people too ignorant to know what the "SEARCH" button does, or are they just too lazy 02.gif Seems this has come about more since the SCC issue where RDTib was listed.. Coincidence? Maybe, or maybe its the people who want the quick easy info w/out doing research.. :roll:

My little rant for the day, sorry ;/
Old 10-05-2004 | 05:41 PM

Default Re: Sputtering @ Low RPMs

I would have to agree, I've been too lazy to care. Someone will give in and tell them....
Old 10-05-2004 | 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: BodyKit install Part-1

agreed
Old 10-05-2004 | 07:06 PM

Default Re: ABC song! WORK WARNING! NUDITY!

Yeah, Ive been trying to help, but f*** that.. This guy today posts "what kind of turbo kit can I get with 3k".. Hrmm, it was in another post LISTED ON THE LAST 10 :roll:
Old 10-05-2004 | 09:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Tons of stuff, and a bunch of free stuff

the search is still all messed up. wink.gif

but yeah, when no searching is required to find and answer(by looking 3 threads down) that is bad.
Old 10-05-2004 | 10:05 PM

Default Re: hyundai Mice GB!!!

Search is messed up? Hrmm..!! Ive been up to date w/ most threads since the new site so I havent used it..
Old 10-06-2004 | 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: My Show Winner

Yeah, it can suck sometimes, but we gotta remember these things my mang.

1. Not everyone is internet savvy. What if the first time someone went on the internet was to view our site for info, because they saw it in SCC?

2. Not everyone on the internet uses forums or is familliar with the common rules of chatting or forum ettiquite. I sure wasn't when I started.

3. Not everyone reads the rules, or even better, not everyone knows there ARE rules to this.

4. Not everyone on the internet or forums knows cars. I know I was not interested in cars almost at all until I bought my Tib. Let them learn.

Let's keep this a friendly place, and the difference from some of the RUDE ass sites out there folks. It starts with the regulars.
Old 10-20-2004 | 05:50 PM

Default Re: Need a plant biology project idea

5. I spend a lot of time on ther Internet, but some days I cannot sit at a PC for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes searches are straight forward, sometimes they aren't. So, it's a lot easier to post a question rather than search for 5, 10, 15 minutes for the answer.

What I don't understand is why it bothers some people? Or better yet, why do some chime in just to say use the search feature? Either help or don't help, but I honestly cannot understand how a repost or a question that has been discussed before can bother you. Just move on.
Old 10-20-2004 | 06:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Need a plant biology project idea

Repetitive questions bother man.

It's just a fact.

Like when someone asks about where to find an exhaust, and 2 posts down from theirs, there is an answer to that question, or there is a STICKY with the exact info they want.
Old 10-24-2004 | 01:40 PM

Default Re: Roof scoop?

The problem with the search feature is that the one ON THE HOME PAGE does not link to the one at the top of the forums.

Someone was searching for "fenders" from the home page search.... 0 results.

Search the exact same word from the FORUM search button, and guess what....at the time it gave 74 results.

We really need to have those two buttons linked together so that you can search the forums from the home page.