The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My wife is slowly killing me!

Old 02-07-2005 | 07:41 AM

Congratulations on finally gettin rid of it! I mean her*

Makes me think twice about asking this girl at work out...
Old 02-07-2005 | 08:06 AM

can we get a name so i also can avoid her in the future, lol, jk, ummm, well congrats man, now u just gotta get all the papers out of the way to make it offical, sucks that you had to waste the last few years for that c*nt.
Old 02-07-2005 | 08:38 AM

Congrats man .. You seem like a nice person and i bet there were months of should i or shouldn't i? It took balls just to drop her like that. I say do what makes you happy man, and make sure you stick with it instead of getting suckered back in with false promises .....

PEace and all the luck ..

PS.. Rdtiburon boys night out.. I'm in ..
Old 02-07-2005 | 08:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>PS.. Rdtiburon boys night out.. I'm in ..</div>

You guys are all in canada right?
Old 02-07-2005 | 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

**** ima bout to move up there just to be able to ride out in the tibs, or my Suz TL1000 every now and then.

but Q for the dude who left his girl, was it only b/c she b****ed about a slow ass 2nd gen or b/c she was a total bit*h!?
Old 02-07-2005 | 12:33 PM

I'm glad my wife is fricken cool with me when it comes to my car...I don't know how much I've spent on it but she has never complained about my car and she never made me do anything I didn't want to. She's my best friend and understands me well..

Sorry to hear about your problems blu and hope that you can work it out with your wife somehow..
Old 02-07-2005 | 12:48 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah my girl is cool that i spent alot of time on RD and spend 99% of my money on my other baby(tibby)...she actually gets excited when i do something to my car...hehe
Old 02-07-2005 | 02:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

sucks. your wife should respect your passions. i can't believe she's not letting you mod the car. that is who you are and you are doing what you want.

why didn't se like the shark spoiler? it's so awsome.

trade the two cars back with her. sell your car and get a tiburon FX fully loaded with leather and options. no more problems. your money your car your wife.

if you split with her, it better be a good decision. i mean, if she's owning you and you don't have your freedom, imagine what it will be like in the future.

a lot of people who work with me are modding their cars and their wives love it. my manager's car has a sound system and rims and he's just starting off. the wife loves to drive that car. that's the way it sould be. of course, you should not devote too much attention to the car, but in your situation with the car trade-off... that was the problem.

i'd start off by showing her all the gunk and rust that's in there. explain it all to her, show it all to her. take some old scrap parts and show her what was inside of the car before you modded it. kind of like queer eye, or a home improvement show on TLC or something!
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:00 PM

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about all your trouble man. As human beings we are so complicated, that put two of us together is really a kind of miracle.
My wife does not like to mod cars, and she's not "in favor" of me doing anything to my Tib, but I don't tell her details, she doesn't ask and we are happy like that. So far I managed to put some stuff into her Elantra too, like strut bars F&R, my OEM Tib alloys, Eibach ProKit springs, KYB GR-2 shocks, and I think I'm going to put some sway bars too, I don't think she will ever notice THAT mod laugh.gif:
Just cool off for some time. You have to think cars are not everything in life, but if you really are convinced you won't be happy with her, stay away, if you think she's cool in other ways and she's caring for you and you feel is the one person you could go to if you have a serios problem, think about leaving her, but not now that you are angry at her.
If you feel you should get back with her in a couple of weeks, forget everything you read about her in this thread (written by people that doesn't know her by the way) and just go ahead and save your marriage; if you really feel you're better off alone, then stay away.
Old 02-07-2005 | 03:31 PM

I'm not sure I got this all - I skimmed through this thread very quickly.

But....you left your wife because she wouldn't let you mod her car?