The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Poor Baby's Clutch! Don't Go To Augie's Garage!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Apr 6 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would ask the good garage, the one that noticed and fixed the problem, if they would be willing to go on record stating what they found.

I would also get the clutch and slave cylinder installed by Augie and have another shop verify it's quality. News people like props, so if you can show the clutch/slave and how they were defective, it shows you as much more reliable.</div>

Yeah, my shop gave me the parts smile.gif (They're so sweet... they wrapped them up all nice in a bag and put them in my trunk, moved one of my rubber mats to the back of the trunk, closer to the front of the car? and put the parts on that... so they wouldn't be on the carpet). The owner was in Fl last week when they did the work, so I'm going back this week to see if he could write a statement, but also if he could print me out a different receipt that says under work done "replaced faulty clutch set" etc... the poor guy that was there ringing me up wasn't sure how to change it. (The owner usually is the guy ringing everyone up and dealing with the customers)

I'm so happy that she's home though now. I didn't get any sleep during all of this.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Glad that you got your clutch working. I would file against this shop. They ripped you off and doing crappy work on peoples cars.

Let us know if you get it on the news. Good Luck!!