The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Car Got Keyed

Old 11-23-2006 | 04:04 PM

not so sure it is the same stuff as a theatrical fogger uses.. I use those devices all the time and they usually take about five minutes to warm up enough to make fog.

Good idea though, but it probably uses a different sort of fogger
Old 11-23-2006 | 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Yeah. Also, don't the ones in clubs use dry ice?
Old 11-23-2006 | 05:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

im sure theres a few different ways to do it. only thing i dont like about that is eventually refilling the fluid or whatever and the car smelling
Old 11-23-2006 | 11:01 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think my favorite alarm is the toad from the UK.

Takes pictures on the in dash cam and then fills the car with smoke</div>

HAHA! I like that!

I need to get an alarm. I like that phototheft idea, where an in dash cam takes a picture if the car is being jacked. I wonder why they don't make those standard.

I also love that telephone idea, where it rings your phone when your car is being jacked. I'm going to have to research this. I also don't know why this idea isn't used.
Old 11-25-2006 | 01:25 AM

Vehicle: car

do those alarms have autostart and stuff? my friend I work with has a kick ass alarm system by IC Dynamics I think... The thing just goes off like crazy. but a 1 mile auto start/arm/disarm/lock/unlock etc.. It's nice, and thats installed. But I like this whole camera busines... what brand has the camera, how much are we talkin, and can you link me?
Old 11-25-2006 | 02:15 AM
Banned

getting your car broken into or keyed is really painful.. its like a huge stab in the chest.. besides other things that hurt like things that may happen healthwise to like a family member or something, getting your car f***ed with hurts ALOT.. especially when you have ALOT of pride keeping it nice and someone just comes around with no regard to you, and destroys it, just for the thrill..

one thing i tell all my exs, if you wanna get me back, or screw with me DO anything you want, spread rumors, physically hurt me, or w/e but DO NOT EVER lay a finger on my car..

also, car alarms arent a HUGE help against ANY vadalism, just getting shit taken from your car.. i have my own anti theft device, its free, and no one would be able to drive away in my car.. just pop a couple of the main fuses if im anywhere CLOSE to worried about it being stolen, and voila, no one is going ANYWHERE in my car.

i will probably get some type of alarm eventually just to deter people from it a bit more.. but i will lean towards a camera system, custom made. and have a couple proximity sensors.
Old 11-26-2006 | 05:10 AM

Sorry you have to deal with this kinda thing too....I agree that was a lot of swearing but wanting to kill someone is okay. lmao.gif

We need a combination alarm that has a proximity sensor, a camera, calls your phone.....if you don't like the look of the dude you press a key on your phone and the South African style flaming gas jets turn on and toast his posterior.
Old 11-30-2006 | 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

I had the pleasure of having my car keyed recently. One long scratch down the passenger side, only into the clear coat though. The drivers front quarter panel copped it though, right down to steel about 10 inches long. Bastards. I covered the steel up with some cheap touch-up paint, looks like I've used white-out.
Old 12-04-2006 | 02:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ Nov 23 2006, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did your car just get keyed end to end? no. please, youd ccry if your car got keyed. im sorry for my foul mouth but i feel like killing.</div>
Keyed means that someone had made a scratch with some key ???
Old 12-04-2006 | 02:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^ yeah, or any metal object. Comes from people usually using keys or a whole set of keys and rubbing them on your car.... jerks. My roof is scratched up from a set of keys, not sure who did it though.