The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Car Got Keyed

Old 11-23-2006 | 08:06 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

hehe pee on the tires I can handle wink1.gif
Old 11-23-2006 | 08:24 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I once saw a alarm system that took pictures out the windows and then sent them to your keyFOB when the alarm level 1 was triggered. Can you immagine the look on someone's face when you have a picture in court of them keying your car? It was like $500 for the whole system shipped. I can't quite remember what brand it was though. I wish i had one.
Old 11-23-2006 | 08:42 AM

the company is called asianwolf. Not to sure on there quality, but some sweet systems they sell
Old 11-23-2006 | 09:12 AM

I think my favorite alarm is the toad from the UK.

Takes pictures on the in dash cam and then fills the car with smoke lmao.gif
Old 11-23-2006 | 09:13 AM

They are just jealous.. when I got my BMW.. I did not have it three days when some idiot at work broke the antenna off. The Ti uses a very small antenna on the rear corner (like where the tib's is) and it looks similar to one of those cheap ebay jobs.. unfortunatly, it was not a cheap ebay antenna and the idiot who broke it off, broke it inside the base. the Base was 80 bucks and the antenna itself cost me another 25...

Anyway man, any chance you have insurance that would cover your car getting keyed?
Old 11-23-2006 | 09:14 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

what kind of smoke? I don't know if I'd like my car filled with smoke. Good idea though, if you can still drive, you'll be trailing smoke and drawing attention.
Old 11-23-2006 | 10:42 AM

Vehicle: car

i only have liability on my car now until i kit it and go performance, so im SOL there. HOPEFULLY my homeowners might cover some... But I was planning on painting my car anyways I guess... Just a little earlier than expected. I just purchased my Korean spoiler last night so i guess its time to go gung-ho! lol

I'll take pics if i can remember, it is Thanksgiving and all. BTW, HAPPY TURKEY DAY Y'ALL!
Old 11-23-2006 | 11:14 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pandy @ Nov 23 2006, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Simple solution to this.

1 Viper or Clifford with motion sense and proximity sense set to about 12 inches.</div>

Yah sounds like a good idea but my friend who got his car keyed went out and installed a $550 proximity alarm with a 2way remote, and then when he was at the bar, somebody got close to it and the proximity warning came on, the person either didnt like it or they were just drunk and felt like being a dick, so they backed their truck (you can tell because of how high the bumper was) into his rear quarter panel. The truck was gone before he got outside, now all he knows is that it is a white/silver truck that may or may not have some red on his bumper.

He also gets people that will set it off by push shopping carts near it or walking near it on purpose to toy with him. So here he comes running out of class or work to check on his car, and realizes that somebody was just messing with it, now most of the time he turns the proximity off.

And he drives a lowly stock sentra that usually wouldnt draw that much attention

Not to say proximity alarms arent nice, but they have their drawbacks, aside from pissing peopel off; the proximity area is a sphere usually originating near the dome light, and in order to have the alarm not go off when somebody parks next to you, the proximity has to be toned down, which makes the front and rear bumpers, 1/2 the hood and truck, and some of the quarter panel all vulnerable.

Me and my friend were testing the system out, and we noticed we could touch all those areas i listed.

Heres a picture of what im talking about, and an idea for an advanced design on the right

Old 11-23-2006 | 12:25 PM

The smoke is the same stuff used in nightclubs, its a sweet smelling oil that when heated produces smoke (foggers they call them)

So what happens is the alarm activates and waits for the door to open after glass is smashed, it then waits 3 seconds and takes a panoramic photo of the front interior and then activates the fogger, totally filling the car so that you cant see anything and thus cant drive the car or grab the stereo..

Alex, with the clifford matrix there is the remote that has a 1 mile radius that lets you know audibly or by buzzing that someone is attempting a break in or your alarm is sounded.

It also has 'black jack' where if you get car jacked you press a button on a seperate panic remote which after 25-30 secs (enough to let them get a safe distance) locks the doors, winds up the windows and cuts the engine and then sounds the alarm.

You can also program a car phone into a clifford to alert the police if your alarm is sounded, and also alert you.

When I was a young scrotey I was pulling a jaguar badge off of a car and the guy's interior lit up and his house phone started to ring, at 4am lol.

You can also fit a bug to your car that allows you to tune your am radio into a microphone so you can listen to whats going on around the car.. As for parking outside bars? no thanks.. drunks and cars dont mix smile.gif
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:17 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That was my point about it being a 2 way, the proximity goes off alot so he really cant run out to his car everytime his remote says his proximity was triggered, it goes off when somebody opens a car door next to him and sometimes just by pulling in next to him, he goes out to check on it if the proximity goes off 2x or more, or if it goes on full alarm

He was at the bar, not just parking near it, and the proximity went off, he figured it was just a car parking next to him, so he continued doing what he was doing, and then the remote told him that the full alarm went off, and he ran out to his car, only to find the culprit gone.

My point is although it will stop somebody from stealing it, it hardly stops people from vandalizing it.