The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Motherf***in Mi Economy

Old 10-12-2006, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

that sux but i know what you mean... going thru the same thing cept the baby of course so if i hear anything i wil let you know
Old 10-12-2006, 07:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Oct 12 2006, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hmmm. texas is sounding pretty good.. hows the cost of living down there?</div>
Low. And SA is extremely low.

SA has been getting a lot of people like you recently. That's why its booming. People are making a lot more money in other states, then buying their houses down here because they're literaly half the price.
A nice starter house will go for $100k easy.

To be honest though, Dallas and Houston are the MAJOR construction boomers. I think Houston is in the top 3. But both of those towns are horrible with traffic. I personally like the more open highways around my town. SA is huge, but also spread out and relaxed. Whereas Houston and Dallas are piled on top of each other like other major cities. Rush rush rush.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Nate, this is the reason I gave up trying to get a "regular job" and decided I need to make money for myself. Every interview I have had since I was laid off from my 45k/year job has led to squat. So i figured, if I have any hope of getting out of shitty pizza delivery at minimum wage with a$$holes that don't tip 70% of the time AND delivering papers working 50 hours a week just to pay the bills I gotta do something for myself. That's why I started a Reptile Expo in Grand Rapids and after the first of the year I'll be starting a Karaoke biz playing at local bars. Between both after they are rolling there is no reason I can't bring in 50k a year. That will hold me off until I'm done with law school. And as far as the baby issue, ouch. I recently found out the kid I thought was mine ISN'T so at least I don't have that to worry about now. However, the girl is trying to get me to be her baby daddy. F that!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

add that job to the resume and keep looking in the paper. you're bound to get a good job. i know the baby is on the way, but i know if you can deal with your turbo tiburon then you can get through anything.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

lol about the turbo tib. comment.. heh prob not a good idea to add this job to my resume, since i was there about 1 full week, people will think thats weird.. i can sell myself in an interview, and my resume is pretty impressive for the line of work ill be looking for.