The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Merry *****mas?

Old 12-19-2006 | 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

lol thats awsome rix
Old 12-19-2006 | 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^ thanks lmao.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkypc @ Dec 19 2006, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>its a little big. theres a sticky about it. max pixels (height) i believe is 150</div>

My bad. I have 2 the same in my photobucket account, they're just different sizes. I didn't look at the file name closely when I copied the link.

Oh, back on topic...Just got back from getting lunch. The lady at the Harvey's drive-thru actually said Merry Christmas, I said "You just made my day. Merry Christmas to you too".
Old 12-19-2006 | 07:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkypc @ Dec 19 2006, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, the X is the first letter for the Koine Greek word Xristos, (Christ) which happens to be the language that the Bible (New Testament) was written in.
I think the X was probably used to try and take Christ out of Christmas, but I guess they didn't do a very good job.
As far as Dec 25 not being the day Jesus was born on, that is correct. It is not known exactly which day Jesus was born on, but we can celebrate his birth on December 25.</div>

I was just writing that way because of short hand that I use. I wasn't trying to do anything other than use a contraction.
Old 12-19-2006 | 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Best Buy Bans "Merry CHRISTMAS"

http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/bestbuy.asp
Old 12-19-2006 | 10:11 PM

Vehicle: car

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rixshark @ Dec 18 2006, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sure in the US you don't have this problem as much as we do in Canada, but here we've become so multicultural that being a Canadian makes you a minority. I was at the NOPI World Drag Championships in Ohio back in October, and the announcer said something along the lines of "We'd also like to thank the good Lord for the fine weather this weekend and watching over our drivers". If you said something like that in Canada....you're gonna get sued. Its BS and I'm getting sick of this.....</div>

Lmao, it's not that we aren't multicultural in the US, thus the whole "Land of the Free" title.... Buuuuttt.. The big difference is, we just stopped caring. I say merry christmas to everyone that comes in and out of my work. I don't really care. Even the arabs say Merry Cristmas back because they accept that in the US christianity and other like religions are dominant. Everyones just kinda used to eachother... It still pisses me off when people make no attempt to even speak english at school, and then act all arrogant for not understanding polish or lithuanian, or whatever the case is. People just need to get used to eachother, because at the rate we are going, probably 15 years from now there will be so much inter-racial and so many multi-cultural couples, that there will be no pure blood people. Everyone will just be a big mix. I am even now... So far I can note Russian, German, Austiran-Hungarian, Czech, English, Irish, Finish, and French. No offense dude, but y'all Canadians need to just get along. No use throwing a rock at a tank, ya know?