The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Merry *****mas?

Old 12-18-2006 | 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (matmag89 @ Dec 18 2006, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey "American Dad" was all about that issue the other night.</div>
LMAO! that was hilarious last night lmao.gif

anyways, i wholeheartedly agree with you Rick.

Merry Christmas :-)
Old 12-18-2006 | 03:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Dec 18 2006, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If it wasn't for Christmas, you wouldn't even be saying Happy Holidays!!</div>

Actually as I stated above "Christmas" was a holiday called Yule long before the the Christian's adopted it as Christ's birthday. Ask any preist and they'll tell you that Christmas was just a general area in time in which they think Jesus was born as there is no historical proof of his B-Day even in the Bible. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Christians but lets at least get our history correct...
Old 12-18-2006 | 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Dec 18 2006, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>In America, we have freedom of speech, you can say anything you want. Except Merry Christmas!
In America, we have freedom of choice, you can put up things you want. Except Christmas trees and the Ten Commandments!
In America, we have laws (1st amendment) to keep the state from meddling in religious business, yet they make so many laws preventing Christians from expressing their religion.
In America, we are all given equal rights. Yet some people think that to be equal you MUST put up a Menorah and every other religion's symbol along with a Christmas tree for it to be proper.
I don't get it...

If you don't like Christmas, I won't gripe if you say Happy Holidays or even Happy Hanukkah , but I am certainly allowed to say Merry Christmas to whomever I want. Are you offended that I would dare mention Christ? Get over it. If it wasn't for Christmas, you wouldn't even be saying Happy Holidays!!

As tibby01 said, if you don't like it, that's fine, but you're NOT allowed to prevent me from celebrating it, so find something else to complain about. You can never eliminate Christ or Christmas, and you're certainly not going to do so by making me say Happy Holidays.

I hope this doesn't turn into a 'get out of my country' debate either...</div>

This kinda shows that both sides think they are under attack so this is never going to end. The government has only blocked the ten commandments in a government building. I agree with that because of the separation of church and state. The other recent stories have be private companies making that decision to cut out Christmas and replace it with the "Holiday" theme that has everyone so upset.

Ive never heard of someone being arrested or shot in the street for saying Merry Christmas.

Ive never heard of the government storming someones house or place of business and tearing down a cross, candy cane, tree, or treegodstatuemadeOgold.

The only "laws" Ive heard of recently that block Christians from doing anything is them doing things in government run establishments, like schools. Forcing someone to do anything related to any religion is wrong and what freedom is about. Not being forced to do something you don't believe in.

The seatac thing was a request to add their symbol next to the trees.. the operators of the airport took them down. The government didn't come in with laws and say "You must.... ".

If you have an example that proves me wrong please show me. If the government is actually blocking some kind of private worship or public worship outside of the government itself... thats just as wrong.
Old 12-18-2006 | 04:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

The government thing is another issue altogether because they do allow religious beliefs to influence them. Examples being, Gay Marriage, Abortion, Stem Cell research. The only reason these decisions are being held back are because of religious beliefs. So the government now has to choose which way it wants to go. Side with the Christianity on which it was originally founded (Ten Commandments), or completely free from the Church and allow the 3 above mentioned examples to take place.

This whole world is so messed up, everyone just needs to chill out and relax. Live your own life and don't worry about the decisions that others make.

Back On Topic.....

I've decided to fly a HUGE banner on the back of my Avalanche that says "Merry Christmas to All". I'm also going to be wearing a Santa hat 24/7 until Christmas Day. I'm not going to back down from something I love because a few people are offended. I just realised that the language that I use around people is even more offensive than 2 simple, cheerful words.......
Old 12-18-2006 | 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i feel my post was taken wrong.

i have no problem with saying happy holidays. it covers all the various religions that celebrate their perspective views around this time period.

what i DO have a problem with are the idiots that celebrate CHRISTMAS, ie...presents, tree, lights, stockings, etc..., AND then get offended when people say merry christmas just because they are not christians. those are the f***ers that piss me off. if you dont want to hear merry christmas then dont go walking out of a store with CHRISTMAS lights.
Old 12-18-2006 | 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

ooohh gotcha, yeah that doesn't make any since at all, lol lmao.gif That would be like sitting in a bar drinking hard liquor and b****ing at people drinking beer.
Old 12-18-2006 | 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, im speaking specifically say, to those that wanted kmart to name christmas trees holiday trees.

ridiculous.
Old 12-18-2006 | 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

CHRISTMAS IS A RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY!!!!1

I Love JESUS!!!!

Old 12-18-2006 | 08:25 PM

^^^You need to learn to express yourself more, I don't think I quite get what you are saying... wink1.gif
Old 12-18-2006 | 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

This was almost the first religious type debate on one of these boards that didn't have someone flip out.... almost made it lmao.gif Everyone was speaking relatively rationally then K_R.... why man why? wink1.gif