The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Merry *****mas?

Old 12-18-2006 | 09:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rixshark @ Dec 18 2006, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was at the NOPI World Drag Championships in Ohio back in October, and the announcer said something along the lines of "We'd also like to thank the good Lord for the fine weather this weekend and watching over our drivers". If you said something like that in Canada....you're gonna get sued.</div>

that is some typical shit you would hear in ohio,kinda like in ricky bobby. i was at my first SCCA event ever last summer and the announcer said something along those lines. guess its an midwest thing.
Old 12-18-2006 | 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i agree my man. but america is actually worse. the english language is our official language but in order to get a job that pays a decent amount in Michigan you need to speak spanish also. not to mention any menu ove rhere isd also in english ad spanish. it really offends me that people come to our countries and they dont bother tolearn the languages. instead our countries bend to their will so they wont have to.. so yes i get offended when people dont speak english. but also this is america and supposedly we have the freedom of religion too. but we cannot say merry christmas or put christmas trees in airports unles we include every other religion too. i think people shouldnt get mad at other people whom dont beleive the same as them. everyone is allowed to practice their own beliefs. now why cant we all respect what each other believes in. no need to get nasty because someone says merry christmas instead of happy honakau. they were being nice. they dont know what someone else believes in so it is a gesture of niceity that was being bestowed upon them. if they cant undrstand that. screw em. sorry for the rant
Old 12-18-2006 | 09:57 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

we have the "bible belt" in the states where religion is pretty much all the people have.
Old 12-18-2006 | 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (demon_fox @ Dec 18 2006, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>but we cannot say merry christmas or put christmas trees in airports unles we include every other religion too.</div>

I think for once it would be nice to see other symbols of other holidays....if someone is offended because Christmas is so widely known (even if for the wrong reasons), theres no reason why they have to be so secluded with their own.

For example, set up a Christmas Tree in an airport, and if someone wants to donate a Menorah to be set up, by all means do so. Theres nothing offensive to that. Saying Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah, or even Happy Kwanza, or whatever, is more about wishing people all the best over the holiday season based on your beliefs....NOT forcing yours on other people. It should be no different than going to Quebec and being greeted with "Bonjour", and replying with "Hi".
Old 12-18-2006 | 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Wow... i find this so sad yet funny... im the guy who has 2 tiny christmas trees in my room, wheres my santa hat everywhere i can inside our biulding, including shower, and am loaded with christmas decorationd.... movies... and music even my platoon srg door has " merry christmas" so i guess in iraq its no big deal cuase we miss home, so i think its funny to see poeple over react. oh and if someone has a problem with christmas look at my myspace it says it all with my pic...www.myspace.com/armyrick

p.s. have a merry christmas...
Old 12-18-2006 | 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm not religious at all, but it is CHRISTMAS.

When I go anywhere in the month of December, I say Merry Christmas.

When I go to a store that says "Happy Holidays", I say, "You mean Merry Christmas right? That's the Holiday. And why are you saying Happy Holidays, it's ONE DAY. New Years isn't a holiday, it's time off to keep you from getting a DWI. Thanksgiving is already past, so don't wish me a happy past holiday."

That usually sets them straight or pisses them off.
Old 12-18-2006 | 11:26 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

RixShark: Rixshark. I WAS GOING TO SAY THE SAMETHING. But If i wrote such a thing, I would get another warning and a ban.
Old 12-18-2006 | 11:52 AM

^^ Its all in how you word it, and try and bring attention to your point. I used examples that were not derogatory in anyway, and I kept my statements clean from racial statements. I've read a lot of your posts, and some of them, if worded correctly, and brought about in the proper manner could have been discussed.
Old 12-18-2006 | 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

I have to agree its CHRISTMAS time not holiday and im getting sick of this happy holiday B.S. also if you dont celebrate christmas so be it but dont ruin it for others.

And yes this was on American Dad last night it was hillarious.
Old 12-18-2006 | 11:57 AM

^^ I missed it, can anyone point me in the right direction to finding it online?

I'm glad I could finally get this out. The other forums that I post on usually just end up with stupid pictures and senseless crap thats totally off topic. Every thread is hijacked in 3 posts or less, or it becomes an all out war of religions. I've heard a lot of complaints from people about how strict this board can be, and there have been times that I've questioned decisions, but its not my place to speak up. But after seeing how I can have decent discussion about something that truly annoys me just shows that the rules and strictness actually make a big difference.