The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Life's A b****

Old 04-16-2006 | 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Its good to hear you're doing ok.

As for your dilema thats a tough call...

3 weeks can be a long time in the healing process. Even though you're staying at home for a while to help her out, chances are you're not going to be there forever. I think the person that could offer you the best advice in this situation would be your mom. Give her a week and then sit down and talk with her. See how she's feeling. Explain to her the whole situation, how you feel about it. If you know for sure you want to stay home and help her, then tell her that. See what she has to say.

I know that if I were in your position, I wouldn't want to leave. Even if it meant turning down a better job. AND even if it was the other way around and I had lost my mom, I wouldn't leave my dad. Thats just the type of person that I am.

There may be some people that would tell you that you can't let this be a set back in your life. They may be right, and these things do happen to people everyday. But in all honesty, you need to do what feels right to you.

I'm a lot closer to my mom than I am with my dad, so there would be no question as to what I would do.