The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Life's A b****

Old 04-09-2006 | 09:11 PM

So late friday night my dad past away. I dealing with it the best i can, but since i can't miss school or afford to take off from work it makes it a b****. Sorry for the language, i'm just alittle upset right now. I'm sure you can understand.
Old 04-09-2006 | 09:14 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

call your school and work. they <u>should</u> compensate for your troubles.
Old 04-09-2006 | 09:17 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'm sorry to hear that man... we all know how it is. terrible thing life is. what did he pass from?

wish you can compensate for it overtime.
Old 04-09-2006 | 09:18 PM

I know school won't, theres no excused absence for anything. Technically i can miss but i'll get written up and won't graduate when i'm supposed to. As for work my boss is a cheap a**.

He has had cancer for the las 6 1/2 years and i think his heart just gave out.
Old 04-09-2006 | 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I am soo sorry for your loss! RDTiburon is here for you!
Old 04-09-2006 | 10:22 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Where do you go to school? Parent dying should easily be excusable.

As for your work, sounds like a horrible person to work for.

I'll pray for you and your family. I encourage you to seek comfort through prayer, asking for help and understanding for what happened.

I know this has to be hard to go through, it really does suck. I'm sure words can't express how bad you feel. Use this thread to vent anger, frustration, and anything else you're feeling. I'm moving this to Gripes so that the language can be expressed as you feel necessary.
Old 04-09-2006 | 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im real sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is, trust me. My mom passed from cancer last year.

As for excusable absences..your school <u>should</u> let you have time off with no consequences. Its not right if they dont. Your job should allow that too..no matter what.

Just take it all day by day..it gets hard from time to time but you do end up gaining strength in the end. You know we are all here for you here on RD.
Old 04-09-2006 | 11:20 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I dont know who told you that nothing is excusable, but im pretty sure it would be illegal for your school to tell you that a parent dying doesnt constitute at least a week off from school. And as far as your job, who do you work for? What human could tell you, " I dont care your Father just died, come to work regardless."

Go ahead and take the time you need. If he fires you, he'll regret it because you can get back at him.
You can expose him, write to your local newspaper and tell them to print a section about how John Smith's Business doesnt empathize with his workers when a crisis occurs. In addition call your local tv news station and tell them your problem, they'll most likely do a story on this as.s hole.

Im truely sorry about your father, And Im sure your father wouldnt want you to take these peoples crap without a fight. If i had this happen to me and somebody told me to suck it up, theyd be missing teeth.
Old 04-09-2006 | 11:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

sorry to hear about your loss....

school and work should understand... if they dont... u shouldnt be working there....
Old 04-10-2006 | 12:20 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Be strong!