The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Life's A b****

Old 04-10-2006 | 12:42 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

my condolences... i'm sorry for your loss...

my prayers go out to you and your family
Old 04-10-2006 | 05:59 AM

I honestly cannot imagine how you feel right now. I can only wish you the best and offer heartfelt condolances.

I agree with the others. Even the most cold hearted businesses offer "grieving" time when you lose immediate family. School should be the same.

on a related note. Friend of mine lost his grandmother recently. She had lived with him for over 10 years and his place of work would NOT let him off for the funeral because she was not "immediate" family. He does not work there anymore.
Old 04-10-2006 | 08:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Berevement time, they ALL offer it. If your boss is being a dick, contact his boss man.

My heart goes out to you my man.
Old 04-10-2006 | 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry to hear about your dad. We're here for you mang!
Old 04-10-2006 | 11:42 AM

Im sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom 4 weeks ago today to cancer(breast) and she had it for 11 years. At the beginning i was still in shock and i guess denial but now things have gone back to normal and by normal i mean ppl not callin so much and stoppin by. and its gotten harder. If you need anything dont hesitate to PM me. In fact ill PM you my cell #. I find it easier to talk to strangers sometimes and ppl who have gone through it rather than my friends who have no idea. Again I am sorry and I will make sure to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 04-10-2006 | 12:10 PM

Thank you all, it really means alot. As for what school i go to; it's BMW STEP. But for work i could take some time off but i just can't afford to take off because i've got to help mom out.
Old 04-10-2006 | 12:28 PM

I send my condolences. It is rough lossing a loved one!
Old 04-10-2006 | 01:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm so sorry to hear that. When my grandfather died, my dad's boss not only gave him a week off, but he showed up at the funeral.

Its sad when people don't have any compassion for others.

I have a complete list of websites for bereavement. I work at a funeral home so I have access to all kinds of resources if you need anything. PM me if theres anything you need help with.
Old 04-10-2006 | 02:18 PM

I'm really sorry for what has happened to your father...I don't know how you feel, since i never lost my father, but I'm sure it's painful.... 02.gif Again, I'm sorry to hear that man, I hope you get over this and I know it's hard to lose a loved one. Hope all goes well for you!
Old 04-16-2006 | 02:32 PM

Well i've been doing ok for the most part. I went ahead and said screw it and took last week off from work. But yesterday was hard. We had dad's memorial service and i guess i'm just realizing he's gone. I have a question, not looking for an answer but just input. In three weeks i'll be done with my BMW school and have to go work for a dealership. Right now i can't decide between staying in The Woodlands or moving to Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge has a better offer but i don't know about leaving mom right now. Plus if i stay at home and just pay mom rent for now (just to help her out) i'll still be making more money in the long run. I just can't make up my mind. What do y'all think?