The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Kaboooomm!

Old 11-19-2007 | 11:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

^ What exactly are you referring to.
Old 11-19-2007 | 11:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Nov 19 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was trying to get some info from Demon Fox but he stopped answering. I want to do the conversion also.</div>

this is what i was refering to as i have done a pull to push conversion, and i just have not had time to get the measurements an write up a full diy
Old 11-20-2007 | 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its cool man. Its one of the things on my pretty long list to do. It would be greatly appreciated by more than a couple members here.
Old 11-20-2007 | 06:09 PM

i've got a clutchmasters custom stage 4 racing clutch. no problems so far.
Old 01-09-2008 | 08:26 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (duncan @ Nov 20 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i've got a clutchmasters custom stage 4 racing clutch. no problems so far.</div>

looks like i spoke too soon. my engine's (250 whp) just being rebuilt and the shop called yesterday to say the clutch was f*cked.

so i read up on push/pull clutches and throw out bearings and went to the shop this afternoon. turns out the clutch is fine, but the TOB was disintegrating.

the shop said they'd order a new OEM TOB tomorrow. then i called clutchmasters to see what TOB they supply with their kits...turns out to be just an OEM TOB. i said that the TOB seems to be the weak link in the chain with a pull clutch on an upgraded engine, so why don't they include an upgraded TOB, but the conversation went no where....the problem could be you're riding the clutch, the tranny is worn out, etc etc.....

i assume no one sells an upgraded throw out bearing?

EDIT:

FYI, centerforce advertises a heavy duty release bearing

http://www.centerforce.com/clutches.tpl?ca...mp;caryear=2001

but i called their technical support and they didn't think the bearing was materially stronger than an OEM bearing. they said the same company makes both the OEM bearing and the centerforce bearing, and the OEM bearing is made to pretty high quality to avoid expensive warranty claims.