The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Immature?

Old 03-31-2008 | 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm in school with a bunch of engineers, they all think it's hot...
But it really doesn't matter what they think, I really don't care. I'm not trying to impress anyone with what I do, it's just a fun hobby. If they think I'm immature because I do all the work on it myself, they have other issues to deal with.
Old 04-01-2008 | 04:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

sometimes i wish i could just drive my car to work. the parking lot is dirt and you pretty much need a lifted truck to get into it, way too many washed out potholes. I've b****ed but it falls on deaf ears. i've told them that having a nicer parking lot would impress customers more than anything but since we have possibly ten customers a year that actually come to the plant out of thousands they think its not worth it.

I bought my tib cause it was unique, not same boring civic that you can buy anything for. granted, its has been more of a labor of love to find anything aftermarket for it compared to anything else i have driven, but i have found fun in that.

my boss says i drive things that piss people off. i tell him i'm not the average redneck in Kansas that has to have a truck for everything or a muscle car that will never be completed.

true, image is everything when dealing with the public. but sometimes if you take a step back and look at anything that may have required hours of labor I.E. wacked out architecture of a house, tattoos(not on face or hands, that's dumb), any car people sometimes will change their ideas.
Old 04-02-2008 | 01:47 AM

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#FF0000">MY GOAL FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE:</span> <span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><u><span style="color:#800080">BE A </span><span style="color:#006400">KID</span> <span style="color:#FFFF00">EVERY</span> <span style="color:#000080">DAY,</span> <span style="color:#800080">ALL DAY</span></u></span><span style="color:#FF0000">!!!</span></span>
and if that's to be considered "immature" then so be it, i could care any less laugh.gif and this type of car just perfectly fits into my life and best describes the person i that i am

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>My boss has seen my car, but hasn't made any comments about it</div>

my boss did, first time he's seen it, he called it a leprechaun, and ever since i got it, he's been calling ME a leprechaun, cuz i'm so tiny for my age, and wears green just nearly everyday lmao.gif

ever since i got the car, almost everyday, where ever i go, there's always someone, whether i walked out of the gas station or at work, there's always someone that just had to shout, or even get out of their car to come up and tell me "I LOVE YOUR CAR!!" and comments on the color. tell ya the truth, no matter how many times i get that reaction, i still feel that giddy feeling in my stomach girlie.gif
Old 04-02-2008 | 06:11 PM

Sometimes when the majority of people see my car, they think it's a really cool car. I've gotten thumbs up from people who drive Porsche's and Corvettes. (Not including my father.) I've learned something in the past 5 years I've owned this car; it's not all about the speed that will give you respect, but it's how well you treat the car yourself, and that shows A LOT of maturity.
Old 04-02-2008 | 11:10 PM

^tru dat, tru dat

hear hear!