The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I'm Gonna Shoot The Shop Owner.

Old 02-01-2006 | 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 1998 hyundai tiburon fx

Thanks guy, I needed alittle reasurance. Yea, I do keep up with him atleast once a week to see how everyhting is going. Funny thing I called him to day and he told me that he got the engine and flywheel back from the machine shop today and if everything goes well, the car should be ready by Saturday. So i'll keep you guys posted. I have the PRS4 ready to be installed, but imma be doing that myself and getting it tuned with another shop that handled Yuri's tunning. So it is looking a little brighter for the time being.
Old 02-01-2006 | 05:06 PM

Thanks guy, I needed alittle reasurance. Yea, I do keep up with him atleast once a week to see how everyhting is going. Funny thing I called him to day and he told me that he got the engine and flywheel back from the machine shop today and if everything goes well, the car should be ready by Saturday. So i'll keep you guys posted. I have the PRS4 ready to be installed, but imma be doing that myself and getting it tuned with another shop that handled Yuri's tunning. So it is looking a little brighter for the time being.
Old 02-01-2006 | 08:53 PM

#1. The guy is a MORON. He should have realized yours was different and/or looked for any differences between your old engine and the new "donor" engine

#2. The guy is BLIND. He had 2 crankshafts in his hand, and didn't see the difference? (see #1 above)

#3. The shop is JERKING YOUR AROUND. It should take, at three days for any competent shop to have a flywheel sent out, machined, and then returned. Especially if it's THEIR screw up, they should pay for NEXT DAY delivery there, and back, plus any additional "rush" charges the machine shop would charge for a quick turn around.

I'd be even more mad than you are. Hell, at this point, I'd be in that shop every spare moment I had, riding his ass like a cheap pony to get my car done.
Old 02-01-2006 | 08:53 PM

#1. The guy is a MORON. He should have realized yours was different and/or looked for any differences between your old engine and the new "donor" engine

#2. The guy is BLIND. He had 2 crankshafts in his hand, and didn't see the difference? (see #1 above)

#3. The shop is JERKING YOUR AROUND. It should take, at three days for any competent shop to have a flywheel sent out, machined, and then returned. Especially if it's THEIR screw up, they should pay for NEXT DAY delivery there, and back, plus any additional "rush" charges the machine shop would charge for a quick turn around.

I'd be even more mad than you are. Hell, at this point, I'd be in that shop every spare moment I had, riding his ass like a cheap pony to get my car done.
Old 02-06-2006 | 07:37 PM

WOW, it never ends. I get a call today, it's the shop, the engine is in the car but thet can't get it to start. It just turns, no spark, no fuel. so I go over and find the guy underneath the dash stabbing the wire with a test light. But this is not the original guy that originally was working on the car. It turns out the guy got fired and i'm like, oh my god........... The shop owner had left for the day by the time I got there, so i'll talk to him tomorrow abd honestly see what happened to the other guy..............................

To be continued...................................
Old 02-06-2006 | 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

what shop is this? i would like to know because i am from miami (now in sarasota for college) but if i get work done to the car it would be in the MIA. If u dont want to post it here... u can just pm me... i dont want to fall in the same spot.

Good luck... hopefully it'll all turn out fine...
Old 02-13-2006 | 08:52 PM

I'll post it in a couple of days being that God willing I get the car back this week. He was a semi-reliable guy at one point. I would really advice everybody that if you are going to have major engine work done do it with someone very reputable. I know this and honestly at the time I had no other choice, but later found out that Dynamic Turbo would have taken my car and like I said, things got even more complicated when the hurricanes came around. So..........