The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I'm Actually Scared Of Michigan Winter....

Old 01-07-2007 | 11:46 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ yeah dude, it's not like it's the ice age anymore or something.. Times change... Ice melts..

There was a time when the polar ice caps reached California.
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jan 8 2007, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>frauds all over the place running this world you see them on the news from time to time, think of the ones you don't see who are in control of the world's largest oil business. they're simply moneymen making billions. there's not one person in this world who could convince me that any of the oil guys give one crap about the place they live in and saving habitats with the way this world works and spreads itself.

i half grew up in miami beach, tar all over the shoreline, dead fish and all over the water. hell the chesapeake is full of toxic waste and little is being done to prevent it. chesapeake is one of the dirtiest bad smelling places in some parts with a few extinct species.

i hate to say it, but for every 1 person yielding hot water or riding a bike, there are thousands of people abusing it everyday.

sure we've only been recording weather for 150 years, but we have scientific data and analysis to conclude the o-zone layer is shrinking slowly and letting through solar radiation.

the polar cap on mt. kilimanjaro has been shrinking as well, and will likely completely disappear in the next 50 years. nobody knows why. "More than 80 percent of tropical glaciers, including those on Mt. Kilimanjaro, he believes, have already vanished within the last hundred years."
</div>

I recommend you watching "The Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore. They show a whole bunch of things like this around the world. I had no idea that so many "largest lakes" were dried out.
Old 01-08-2007 | 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im sick of movies like this coming out. After 9/11 all these movies came out about the crashes etc. and it just kept going on and on. I, out of curiousity watched them and you know what that was a mistake.

When I was going on my trip to FL, I was so scared going on the plane, and on the plane I started to cry, I looked everywhere to make sure nothing was wrong. I was never like that before all those movies came out..I used to just go on a plane and enjoy my flight.

Movies like this may be informational but they can scare you to death. Thats why I choose not to watch that Al Gore movie...not only because I dont believe in that but that I dont want to freak out over something that might be false.

Believe what you want to believe...I used to study weather and I know how temperatures can just fluctuate. I agree with what Alex said on that part..you cant assume everything is going haywire because youve had a few warm days and less snow.

A week of warm weather is stupid to freak out over. Seriously. You guys are going to give yourselves heart attacks. Enjoy your life and stop going crazy over this sh-t.
Old 01-08-2007 | 12:16 AM
Banned

lol, some people get too freaked out over what may be inevitable anyway, lol.. its just weird for MI to be this way, if you have ever been here for a while you would know.. usually we would have tons of snow, and slush by now, but its still working on car weather, but its getting a little colder this week, and rainy, w00t, time to slide around in the tib. lol lmao.gif

btw, we are all gonna die, whether it be global warming, ice caps all melting, nukes, plagues, micro organisms, etc. etc. etc. just live life without thinking or taking this crap into affect..

w00t, i can use this.. lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif end of world

thats the single best thing i have seen on the net ever.
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:21 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwiftTiburon @ Jan 8 2007, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im sick of movies like this coming out. After 9/11 all these movies came out about the crashes etc. and it just kept going on and on. I, out of curiousity watched them and you know what that was a mistake.

When I was going on my trip to FL, I was so scared going on the plane, and on the plane I started to cry, I looked everywhere to make sure nothing was wrong. I was never like that before all those movies came out..I used to just go on a plane and enjoy my flight.

Movies like this may be informational but they can scare you to death. Thats why I choose not to watch that Al Gore movie...not only because I dont believe in that but that I dont want to freak out over something that might be false.

Believe what you want to believe...I used to study weather and I know how temperatures can just fluctuate. I agree with what Alex said on that part..you cant assume everything is going haywire because youve had a few warm days and less snow.

A week of warm weather is stupid to freak out over. Seriously. You guys are going to give yourselves heart attacks. Enjoy your life and stop going crazy over this sh-t.</div>

It's perfectly normal for you to be scared at around that time; everyone was scared. 3,000 people died in 9/11 alone in one day, who wasn't scared? Movies like Al Gore's make you more aware of what's happening. It's not to make people afraid. Me being scared about Michigan Winter was just me overreacting. I was just concerned rather.

And SwiftTiburon, you being in Florida (Mod edit - she doesnt live in FL), where there's no snow, It's very strange for us northerners to experience no snow during the winter seasons. I've lived in Michigan for 23 years and This is the second time it has happened, but this year is worst. It wasn't just a week, it's the whoel dang season that has been affected.
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:36 AM

We have yet to reach the Highest Temp ever.
136: September 13, 1922, in El Azizia (also known as Al 'Aziziyah), Libya
134: Death Valley 1913.\
back were there as many cars, factorys, and all that stuff that is said to be killing the earth.

The coldest was alittle closer to today but it wa before this globe WARMING thing started.
-79.8 Prospect Creek Camp in the Endicott Mountains of northern Alaska on Jan. 23, 1971
Old 01-08-2007 | 01:40 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

No dude, she wants to live in florida, which is why she has the avatar, but she lives with me in New York, we <u>know</u> about snow.

And it wasnt "at that time" referring to the immediate aftermath of 9/11, this was one month ago, her point was that flying was easy for her until all the replays of the tragedy and the rumors of it happening again.

Ive lived in Upstate New York for 20 years, and it happens every year, we call it the january thaw, the snow that had racked up melts away for a bit then we get hit again, usually harder. Yes usually its not so warm, and usually its mid january not late december/ early january, but its not the first time weve had above freezing temperatures in january up here

stop freaking out, enjoy the damn nice weather while its here, cuz its going away <u>very</u> quickly

i believe the saying is, "dont look a gift horse in the mouth", not 2 weeks ago all i heard was "omg its soo damn cold, i wish it wasnt sooo damn cold" now its "why isnt it cold! omg were gonna die!"
Old 01-09-2007 | 12:23 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ugh, why all the bickering? Stay on topic! So yeah, this is the strangest Michigan Winter I have ever seen. But it isn't just here. Europe is experiencing the same thing. Warmest weather ever! Ski resorts everywhere are closed because there is no snow. Spring is already coming to lots of areas. Crazy stuff. Anyone from Europe care to elaborate? (GB doesn't count!)
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:19 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

my dad is in poland right now, says the same thing. ski resorts supposed to be earning lots of money are empty. he says the weather is the same over there though, flowers are starting to sprout.

in washington dc the cherry blossoms are sprouting too. i dunno what to make of it. hell if one person can't change a thing and we rely on the government (asshole guys making so much money they could care less) to change everything for us then i'm not going to bother. sorry, but true. same thing with politics. that's why i hate talking about politics i don't know much about them and their laws so i won't even bother because i won't change one thing.
Old 01-09-2007 | 08:16 PM
Banned

w000t.. we finally got some snow today over in the detroit area.. michigan is back to normal.. lol.. kinda.. lol