The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I'm Actually Scared Of Michigan Winter....

Old 01-07-2007 | 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^Do you take a shower in cold water? My Hot water system is furnaced by Natural Gas and electricity.
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:47 PM

From: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

^^^ Read my update firstly.

Now. You are willing to trade comfort that (i hope) you could have everyday by taking warm showers to reduce an untraceable amount of pollution?
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jan 8 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so cars dont affect global warming/ climate changes.. now i dont feel so bad about my open wastegate dump, turbo back, catless exhaust, and atmospheric PCV dump.. lmao.gif lmao.gif</div>

nate, i say this in all seriousness.

that contributes to smog. birth defects are much higher in places with high smog counts. i know you probably arent contributing to any measurable amounts in your area, but just think about that.

simple fixes man...

while i do think global warming is real, it makes me giggle at the fact that all the global warming fanatics probably have boners with this heat wave "justifying" their ideas.
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Jan 8 2007, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>birth defects are much higher in places with high smog counts.</div>

Are the counts higher or the ratios? More polluted areas tend to have more population.
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shimanomtber87 @ Jan 8 2007, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^^ My signature is a quote from office space (movie). It's funny. Has nothing to do with anything.

Short showers reduces pollution? Saves water maybe.

Oh, and don't tell me that I don't care about pollution. I did my research paper on global warming to find out if it really is caused by cars and such. My research led me to believe that it is not. If it led me to believe that it is, then I'd change habits, etc.

Here is an example of how I dont flood the world with pollution:

Firstly, I don't smoke.

Secondly, I work at a garden nursery, not a factory.

Thridly, I don't litter.

I can continue if you'd like.</div>

Please do continue. Properly disposing litter into a garbage can is common sense. Every citizen should be doing that. I'm against smoking, so you're good on that. Factory workers are not responsible for the pollution caused; it's the managment who are the ones that can reduce pollution. I mean, you could work at a nursery garden, but you're just working there.. that's it.

For the people who don't think cars don't pollute, just remember bush's words, "we are addicted to oil". The oil is hypotising us. It's like North Koreans, they think their country is the best in the world, but in reality the country is one of the poorest and the most robotized country in the world.
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Jan 8 2007, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For the people who don't think cars don't pollute, just remember bush's words, "we are addicted to oil". The oil is hypotising us. It's like North Koreans, they think their country is the best in the world, but in reality the country is one of the poorest and the most robotized country in the world.</div>

What does koreans have to do with this?

Check this out:

http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba230.html

I know disposing of garbage is common sense. But did you ever drive through cities and see lots of litter? Oh, and if you want to get technical about it, do you really think that factories would exist if people didn't work there? I'm not saying that people that work there are bad people, I'm just tryin to say that pollution is going to happen. You can try your hardest not to pollute the world, but everybody does things differently and in the end I'd place a bet that damn near every human produces about the same amount of pollution as the other.
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:02 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Jan 8 2007, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>while i do think global warming is real, it makes me giggle at the fact that all the global warming fanatics probably have boners with this heat wave "justifying" their ideas.</div>

And then the next year they go into hiding when we get the coldest winter in history, or last year how we had a normal winter, climate changes dont occur within a year, note i said climate not weather, you cant assume a climate has changed because of a week of weather.

weather fluxuates, some winters are warmer some are colder.

this isnt even the warmest or the smallest snow accumulation for my area.

Right now its 32, quite typical for january, the weather for the rest of the week is typical winter weather with the return of snow.

its not like the whole winter has been 75, we had less than a week of abnormal temperatures, before that we had some lows around 5-7 degrees and we'll have some lows in the mid teens in the next week (starting wednesday)
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shimanomtber87 @ Jan 8 2007, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What does koreans have to do with this?

Check this out:

http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba230.html

I know disposing of garbage is common sense. But did you ever drive through cities and see lots of litter? Oh, and if you want to get technical about it, do you really think that factories would exist if people didn't work there? I'm not saying that people that work there are bad people, I'm just tryin to say that pollution is going to happen. You can try your hardest not to pollute the world, but everybody does things differently and in the end I'd place a bet that damn near every human produces about the same amount of pollution as the other.</div>

Gosh dangit, I'm using the North Koreans as an example for our addiction to oil. Please read my post thoroughly. dangit dangit dangit... duh duh duh.. of course pollution is going to happen, people love $$$$$$$$ so the factory owners don't care about enviromental stuff because they know it will cost money.. i'm juust saying that if they do actually care and take steps, it'll be a-okay
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:17 PM

Alrite, I'm done arguing about this. Just don't ever tell me that I didn't care about again. I did a research paper on it. Obvisouly I cared.
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:30 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

frauds all over the place running this world you see them on the news from time to time, think of the ones you don't see who are in control of the world's largest oil business. they're simply moneymen making billions. there's not one person in this world who could convince me that any of the oil guys give one crap about the place they live in and saving habitats with the way this world works and spreads itself.

i half grew up in miami beach, tar all over the shoreline, dead fish and all over the water. hell the chesapeake is full of toxic waste and little is being done to prevent it. chesapeake is one of the dirtiest bad smelling places in some parts with a few extinct species.

i hate to say it, but for every 1 person yielding hot water or riding a bike, there are thousands of people abusing it everyday.

sure we've only been recording weather for 150 years, but we have scientific data and analysis to conclude the o-zone layer is shrinking slowly and letting through solar radiation.

the polar cap on mt. kilimanjaro has been shrinking as well, and will likely completely disappear in the next 50 years. nobody knows why. "More than 80 percent of tropical glaciers, including those on Mt. Kilimanjaro, he believes, have already vanished within the last hundred years."