The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I'm Actually Scared Of Michigan Winter....

Old 01-07-2007 | 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

seriously... to say that any one who believes global warming is therefore stupid, is a pretty ignorant statement. it is a scientifically proven ecological event. yes global warming does have an effect on our weather. if you dont beleive this, please do some research on your own or if youd prefer pm me and ill send you a list of sites or material for you to judge yourself. i have done multiple college research reports on this subject. so i can get you the material if you want it. no it is not ''media propaganda '' as some put it.

sorry for the rant

and kr i hear ya being worried bout our weather. this is the first winter mi has ever had with no significant snowfall.
Old 01-07-2007 | 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

Im all for clean energy, but the earth has been changing for eons and will continue to change.......I dont think our last minute swing from Fossil to Clean fuels is going to make much difference, the surface of the planet will continue to change.

Volcanoes as a natural event are pretty harmful to the Planet with the deadly gases thrown into the atmosphere everytime one goes off.
Old 01-07-2007 | 09:32 PM

From: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (demon_fox @ Jan 7 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>seriously... to say that any one who believes global warming is therefore stupid, is a pretty ignorant statement. it is a scientifically proven ecological event. yes global warming does have an effect on our weather. if you dont beleive this, please do some research on your own or if youd prefer pm me and ill send you a list of sites or material for you to judge yourself. i have done multiple college research reports on this subject. so i can get you the material if you want it. no it is not ''media propaganda '' as some put it.</div>

This may be true but it is not caused by humans driving cars. At least not a significant part of it. It is a natural cycle. In fact the earth has been in a non-normal state right now. It has kept its climate relatively the same for an abnormal length of time.
Old 01-07-2007 | 09:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its so dumb to worry though. Its like "let me sit here and worry that the world will end real soon" Come on.

True or not true, weather changes and Im saying that a few years ago noone knew what this all was and when the weather got warm everyone just rejoiced.

Thats the way it should be..just enjoy it.

Everyone has their opinion..and not everyone should have to join the bandwagon about global warming.
Old 01-07-2007 | 09:36 PM

^^ I agree. Nobody should really worry about it except for those who think that the japanese somehow caused the storm that hit New Orleans. Haha

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/20...eatherman_x.htm

I'm sure that is what really happened. Haha
Old 01-07-2007 | 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Selfish Selfish..... How about the infants that are born today? Or how about people who are born in the future? How about your kids? ................................
Old 01-07-2007 | 09:52 PM

^^^ If you think its caused by engines and care about the future generation, stop driving your car.
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ Ok, that's a very crude suggestion.

My point is, as a reponsible citizen, I can do things to reduce the amount pollution by taking steps. I drive my car like a baby, I do my maintenance, my car gets 34 mpg; by just doing that, I did a couple of steps to reduce pollution. Everything I do, I always take pollution into consideration. The only thing I can do is think about ways I can reduce pollution. For example: short showers, using efficient household items(i.e bulbs).

BTW, I never said the pollution was only caused by engines. I think that was your imagination.

Edit: ok, i just read your signature and that explains alot.
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:34 PM

^^^ My signature is a quote from office space (movie). It's funny. Has nothing to do with anything.

Short showers reduces pollution? Saves water maybe.

Oh, and don't tell me that I don't care about pollution. I did my research paper on global warming to find out if it really is caused by cars and such. My research led me to believe that it is not. If it led me to believe that it is, then I'd change habits, etc.

Here is an example of how I dont flood the world with pollution:

Firstly, I don't smoke.

Secondly, I work at a garden nursery, not a factory.

Thridly, I don't litter.

I can continue if you'd like.
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:42 PM
Banned

ya, this michigan winter is nuts.. but look at ABQ?? global warming, i think not... poles chaging... OOOOO better run to the north pole, cuz itll be warm.. o wait, itll melt.. lmao.gif

so cars dont affect global warming/ climate changes.. now i dont feel so bad about my open wastegate dump, turbo back, catless exhaust, and atmospheric PCV dump.. lmao.gif lmao.gif