The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I'm Actually Scared Of Michigan Winter....

Old 01-06-2007 | 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok.. it only snowed for 1 week in Michigan. I'm used to shoveling snow everyday.. but this year is just wierd. Beautiful days, raining days, and warmer days.....

Do you think it has to do with global warming? Many of the plow men who make money during the winter time are in the homeless shelter 02.gif
Old 01-06-2007 | 10:50 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Short answer no.

Dont believe that global warming crap.
Old 01-06-2007 | 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i have heard that that poles are shifting and thats what is up with weird weather. i dont know if its true but i was told that by 2040 the northen lights that are in antartica will be in russia. could be just speculation though.
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you know on December 21, 2012 they predict a new world to begin. it's some scary shit that twists my stomach reading about it. it's something according to the mayan calendar and it's mathematical. they mentioned a geographical pole shift. the mayans predict earthquakes and fire in the fifth world, the world that we are in today. you know i'm really scared?

it was 73 degrees in f*cking Maryland today. f*ck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In my books I reveal the immense cataclysm that is going to torment the earth in the near future. It is presently assumed by most people and the general scientific world at large, that the rotation of the Earth is stable, however, as expounded in my previous works on this subject, this is not the case. The gruesome reports of the previous catastrophes should, hopefully, be clear to all.

The historical exploration of cosmology in previous books is founded on the translation of hieroglyphs, cracking of codes, unveiling of the magnetic reversal of the sun, study of old maps, decoding of astronomical clues, geological research, and the discovery of the most exciting archaeological find in modern times.
Considering these I came to the following conclusions:

1. With clock-like regularity, sudden reversals and pole shifts are natural to the Earth. The result is worldwide destruction, and is supported by paleo-magnetic evidence and early manuscripts.
2. The reversal of the poles is attributed to the harmonic cycle of the magnetic fields of the sun.
3. Polar reversals can be calculated precisely on the basis of the sunspot cycle theory or the magnetic field theory, which the Maya and the Old Egyptians were privy to. These secrets are contained in the Labyrinth of Hawara, a huge complex consisting of three thousand rooms.</div>

it has to do with magnetic attraction. it's some scary motherf*cking sh*t though, i feel faint in looking farther into it.

well guys, i'll die a virgin.
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:14 PM

ohh man, I better get baptised quickly.... I better get married, get a degree, get a good job, quickly...
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Why be scared? For what? If its going to happen, its going to happen. Why waste your life worrying about something that could be bs? Remember y2k?

Im a firm believer that weather shifts can make everything wacky. Its not global warming...a few years ago noone cared or knew what it was, and now that someone makes a movie etc. everyones flipping out.

Calm down.
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:23 PM

Swift!! Marry me before 2012!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jan 7 2007, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you know on December 21, 2012 they predict a new world to begin. it's some scary shit that twists my stomach reading about it. it's something according to the mayan calendar and it's mathematical. they mentioned a geographical pole shift. the mayans predict earthquakes and fire in the fifth world, the world that we are in today. you know i'm really scared?

it was 73 degrees in f*cking Maryland today. f*ck.
it has to do with magnetic attraction. it's some scary motherf*cking sh*t though, i feel faint in looking farther into it.

well guys, i'll die a virgin.</div>

That's so interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:26 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

It's frightening, but unfortunately true. Nasa mentions it as well.

Wikipedia

Suns Polar positions flip
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:43 PM

you noobs and your 2012

"The end of the 13th b'ak'tun is conjectured to have been of great significance to the Maya, but does not necessarily mark the end of the world according to their beliefs, but a new beginning or time of re-birth. According to the Popol Vuh, a book compiling details of creation accounts known to the Quiché Maya of the colonial-era highlands, we are living in the fifth world. The Popol Vuh describes the first four creations that the gods failed in making and the creation of the successful fifth world where men were placed. The Maya believed that the fifth world would end in catastrophe and the sixth and final world would be created that would signal the end of mankind.

The last creation ended on a long count of 12.19.19.17.19. Another 12.19.19.17.19 will occur on December 20, 2012, and it has been discussed in many New Age articles and books that this will be the end of this creation, the next pole shift or something else entirely. However, the Maya abbreviated their long counts to just the last five vigesimal places. There was an infinite number of larger units that were usually not shown. When the larger units were shown (notably on a monument from Coba), the end of the last creation is expressed as 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13 .13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0, where the units are obviously supposed to be 13s twenty places larger than that b'ak'tun. In this age we are only approaching 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.5.0.0.0.0.0, and the larger places would all need to similarly roll over to 13 again to match the date of the new creation.[6]

This is confirmed by a date from Palenque, which projects forward in time to 1.0.0.0.0.0, which will occur on October 13, 4772 (a Friday). The Classic Period Maya likely did not believe that the end of this age would occur in 2012. According to the Maya, there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of a 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world.
"
From this website.
Old 01-07-2007 | 01:42 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

peter for the ownage, i swear some people just like to be scared.

and should i be upset that KR just proposed to my g/f? lmao.gif

Ima go scour the moderator handbook and see if i can warn him for that wink1.gif