The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Ignorance Truly Is Bliss I Suppose...

Old 03-16-2006 | 11:20 PM

http://groups.myspace.com/f***thetroops

Well, I'm pretty sure that once any of you click on the link, you'll see why I'm pissed...

Oh and because of the site edit...you need to finish the spelling of the "F-word" in the link for it to work...
Old 03-16-2006 | 11:32 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I felt my eyes start to glaze over within 2 minutes of seeing that site. 02.gif

1 in 30 of the people arguing have good points, but it's mostly just a bunch of flames and name-calling. I suppose you can't really expect much more with a topic like that. 02.gif
Old 03-16-2006 | 11:45 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

I am in the Navy, and just seeing the title of the myspace account really pisses me off!!! Im not gun ho military, but when i saw that flag burning, it made me feel like hurting one of those people on there.
Old 03-16-2006 | 11:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

people are retarded... why do something like that?
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:03 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

same reason young girls are wearin thongs outside of there jeans

cuz there attention whores

put these guys near a military guy and there panties will get binded and they will salute them

bastards...
Old 03-17-2006 | 01:13 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

why.gif drillsergeant.gif
Old 03-17-2006 | 05:16 AM

interesting site.. and he does make a few good points in the last post. SUPPOSEDLY it is against how the government uses our troops, spits them out, and then does it's best to forget about them. ESPECIALLY the people who can afford it least, the poor and undereducated.

I have been through that wringing with my Father throughout most of my life. With 2 artifical hips thanks to the Military, he is in constant pain, has a severe lack of movement, and needs to be careful constantly to avoid damaging them further.. yet the government all but makes him physically jump through hoops to get treatment.. and forget his social security and military pay for being injured while in the service. EVERYTIME we get a new administration, he loses both and has to fight to get them back.

HOWEVER... the way that site was done is all wrong.. seriously wrong. While I may disagree a lot with our government (I vote too.. so I can gripe) I will ALWAYS support the troops. I have a lot of friends in the military, a lot of friends who are out, and one special female friend who is now an instructor at the Naval Academy.

If he had put more thought into designing that site and how it was worded, he might have gotten a much better response.
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:05 AM

^^I think that's what made me so sick, is who he targeted...I don't necessarily agree with all the decisions made in the war or even that we went in the first place, but it's completely unimportant now. The simple fact is that our troops ARE there, they ARE in danger, they ARE fighting. I have a large amount of my high school that went into some branch of the armed forces and my roommate from my first semester of college went into the national guard to have his education paid for and now he's been in Iraq for 9 months with another 3 or more to go. I just do not believe anyone should EVER single out the troops in a negative or degrading way. Whether they are fighting because they believe in the cause, they were forced there, or because they had no other opportunities out of high school but the military, they at least deserve the respect of the people left at home who sit in front of their televisions all day claiming to have the answers for the country and world but never get up to act on anything. Big deal, some of them vote...whoopi, that does a whole lot...if they're soooo intelligent that they could solve everything, they should run for an office of sorts and show everyone how "great" they are. But no, they only criticize and talk nonsense because hindsight is 20/20 and everyone loves being a "Monday morning quarterback" and all that good stuff. It just disgusts me that anyone could say they hate this nation when the only reason they're allowed to say it is because of the nation they claim to hate so much. It wouldnt have bothered me so much even if the creator was Canadian or British or German or any other nationality because it would be from someone who hasn't necessarily experienced what an american has first hand. I just wish people would learn to appreciate what they have because life is way too short to spend in front of a television angry. I'd keep going but I'd rather not...
Old 03-17-2006 | 06:43 PM

While I do agree that blaming the troops (at least, the troops on the low end who are actually getting shot at out there, not that fat general sitting in his office far away from all the gunfire), I think something like that group, something that's so controversial and "derogatory" is needed to wake people up to the reality of the fact that the government, both Republican and Democrat, has a tendency to manipulate stuff to favor the rich and powerful and f*** the little people. I commend him for having the balls to say what he thinks, but I do wish that people would actually debate such a topic, rather than just post "OMG, MY (insert family member here) IS IN THE (insert military division here) SO STFU AND DIE!" or "FREE SPEECH BIT**, YOU DIE!"
Old 03-17-2006 | 08:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it's just someones uneducated precritical interpretations. so whoever made that is just brainwashed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>same reason young girls are wearin thongs outside of there jeans</div>

...how can you say that!!! it's sooooooooooo hot!!! except it would have to be my girlfriend ...or a friend. ooooh brother. sad.gif here i go again hahaha.