The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I Will Never Use Fedex

Old 11-01-2007 | 05:29 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok, ive noticed people saying fed-ex boxes looked like they got ran over by a truck, pretty much the truth.

My friend used to work for them and another one still does, everybody who worked there would entertain themselves by roughing up packages and saw "fragile" as the box saying "try and break me", and if it looked expensive, they would open it up and steal it.

Thing is, they got away with it because the management didnt care, there was no QC, and they'll all tell you not to ship fed-ex.

Ive shipped using all 4 majors, USPS sucks balls- no real tracking and theyve always been 2-3 days late (government employees, what do you expect) and my blackberry "disappeared" when it was shipped to me through them, Fed-ex was usually roughed up as expected but usually on time, but not always, and both times i've shipped DHL they were over a week late, my turbo kit was the worst:

I called to complain that the package was late (3+ days at the time) and that the tracking info stopped updating, they explained that after the package arrived in buffalo (i lived north of syracuse) it was put in the wrong truck and was shipped toward the midwest, in ohio at the time i called, promptly 2 weeks late, i recieved my package, roughed up of course. but luckily nothing was damaged.

UPS isnt perfect, but for me at least, they have the best track record.

They lost selinas IM studs (but it was understandable since it was a really small package) after i called them to ask about it they said they would call the depots that it had went through and tell them to keep an eye out, if they didnt find it by the next day they would send us $100. They called back a few hours later saying they found it and it would be there the next day, and it was.

I was kinda hoping they would just lose the studs cuz they weren't worth anywhere near $100 lol.

UPS FTW.
Old 11-01-2007 | 05:35 PM
Nex

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CobaltBlue01 @ Nov 1 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^^^

Like "I wouldn't mind helping him with his package" good... lol joke.gif</div>

i love that dirty talk, lol

FedEx is always making mistakes when stuff gets shipped to my house. Twice already i've had to go through the claims department because they leave stuff on the front porch and it disappears.

Its yet to happen with UPS.
Old 11-01-2007 | 09:25 PM

Theres nothing more exciting than seeing the big brown truck comming down the street. I use both fedex and ups but I like to choose the fastest shippin option nomatter what. As for UPS vs. Fedx, it would be big ups to UPS.

Btw, has any one ever seen the clutch pedals and shifters on those trucks. looks like somethin off an aircraft carrier.
Old 11-04-2007 | 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

NEVER use fedex... short and sweet.