The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I Ruined Somebody's Christmas

Old 12-23-2006 | 07:21 PM

So, I am driving into Philadelphia from jersey today.. heading through Camden towards the Ben Franklin Bridge. In front of me is a mini cooper I am following when suddenly he brakes hard, so I do the same, the anti-locks make a racket when that happens. Around his car this beagel puppy runs around the side between it and the centre divider and around behind him. I am sandwiched between the divider and a minivan, so all I can do is continue to give the anti-locks on my Bimmer a workout.

With a sickening crunch that ripped the plastic of my bumper, I hit this poor pop right at the passengerside foglight. I felt the front wheel rise up over the dog and then back down as I came to halt.. with the rear wheel sitting onto of it. Poor pup made a real sickening crunch as I pulled forward off of it. Poor thing had a collar and everything, so it probably got loose. I was sick from having done this, I just feel so sorry for the person or family who owned this dog. Another ten feet and I wouldn't have have even touched it.

Now I need to clean my car and replace the front bumper. I almost lost the lower grill compleatly and I did loose the wiring to that fog, it was hanging loose under the car.

Not a good way to start a christmas vacation
Old 12-23-2006 | 07:32 PM

OMG! Thats so sad 02.gif

I know the area that you are talking about. I HATE that bridge.
Old 12-23-2006 | 07:52 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

OMG, I could have gone without reading this. 02.gif
Old 12-23-2006 | 07:59 PM

I could have done without doing it. I hate killing anything above a bug. I feel worse about killing the dog than what happened to my car. The Bimmer can be fixed
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:14 PM

dude that really sucks. i've been there a couple of times. sometimes it is just unavoidable
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:14 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I hit a dog with my tiburon. He was small and sitting just over the crest of a hill. I didn't have time to stop at 55mph. I also felt sick. I went to three houses and I finally found who's house it belonged to, I brought him there. He wasn't dead, but he was paralized from the front paws down. I was sure he was not going to live much longer. It didn't damage my tib at all. My front license plate matched the curvature of the bumper though.

I did the right thing and gave him back to his owner, and he was not pissed at me. It made me feel a bit better. Poor puppies....
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:15 PM

crappy man. just remember, it wasnt your fault. its the owners fault for letting there dog run around like that without keeping an eye on it.
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:19 PM

That really sucks balls, sorry about that man...
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ah sh*t dude, nothing you could do. i had a beagle bloodhound mix for 8 years. awesomly smart and clever dogs but 100% nature. they are not wise at all. this goes to all beagles, one crack in the door and they're gone no matter what. our beagle even climbed the fence like a ladder to get across. no stopping him. no matter how well you think you sealed the back yard, he always found a way out. we had to dig under the fence and put cement blocks so that he wouldn't get under it. beagles have the best noses in the world, can and will pick up anything and follow its trace. our beagle used to run away for miles and always come back when he was hungry and tired. one time, he ran away in Poland. they have fields there that are not populated. dog ran away 5 minutes before we had to leave to the airport back to the states. man, 30minutes of me chasing him far away finally pounced his ass and shoved him into the f*cking cell and into the car.

the 10th time the dog shelter called, they got sick and tired of us coming back so those assshits didn't call us that last time and got him a new home. we recieved a letter about that 2 months after we last saw the dog. we could have sued, but what for? dog probably got a better home with a bigger yard hopefully. wonder if he's still alive today, poor dog had epilepsy really bad and we gave him medication for it for 4 years. dumbass dog didn't know what was good for him no matter how bad the scolding.

we got two boxers after that and boxers are 100% domestic. they cannot live without humans. they're the complete opposite, they will never run away and if they do all you have to do is tell them to sit and they will be stupid enough to sit down on the spot. love those dogs so much.

it's not your fault. after what i went through with our beagle/hound for 8 years and my friends i have sooooooo many runaway stories it's not even funny. my friends remember helping me hunt the dog down through peoples yards, night, rain, shine, bike, skateboard, mud, days, hours... not to mention securing the fence and keeping doors closed... lemme tell you it's horrible. those dogs belong on a farm.

porr old bastard, but you know what beagles aren't by any means city dogs. i hope you don't blame yourself for this as it could have been anyone.

i hit a raccoon once because one night i took an alternate route through the park. ran over the damn thing's tail. the baby raccoons went back for the mom to check her out. you stop and help them they'll bite you. all i could do was leave...

this shit happens in the WRC if it helps you feel better. there was a few drivers who have hit OX, goat, bulls, sheep... and had to retire from the rally. even the best WRC drivers have had their animal stories. poor bugger just didn't know any better. take it from a former beagle owner it's nobody's fault.
Old 12-23-2006 | 09:45 PM

omg at those details o_o poor puppy 02.gif I'd die if my dog ever got loose, I couldn't imagine it because there'd be no hope of him coming home 02.gif