The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I Humped The Search-box From Behind

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:02 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Don't buy a Hyundai from a dealership -- buy my car.
Old 02-07-2008 | 12:15 AM

Vehicle: car

you should search because everything about this car has been covered before, and rather than clutter up the forums with more keywords with nothing attatched to them it is easier to just search for one thing that was already answered. What's easier, sifting through 20 pages worth of "How do I do this?" or on thread of "How do I do this" with gathered responses on it? The rd's have been out for over 10 years and id say 90% of the problems that can happen, have happened, have been solved, and have been written up.
Old 02-07-2008 | 06:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Feb 7 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bullfrog is new to this site, he has spent the last several weeks searching and finding tons of info. He was being genuine and NICE, ATTEMPTING to help.</div>

I didn't think i was still considered new.That kinda knocked me off guard. I have done a lot of reading an just not spoken up much.

New as in I don't post a lot. Signed up Jan of 05. 2 months after I got my Tib. I came in first for general stuff(basic maintenance and perhaps to find a shop manual online). Then i fell back for a while and just drove my car. I got a new job in September and it affords me some cash and down time during the day to view the forms which is why it seems like I just got here. The majority of my posts have happened in the last 4 or 5 months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Feb 7 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He most likely suggested searching because he didn't have an answer to provide you with. He's new to this site and probably hasn't read anything about 1.8L cams.</div>

After extensive reading (even created a poll for opinions). I have a 1.8 cam sitting at my house ready to install.That all stemmed form following Optimoprime's engine swap threads. I will admit there is tons of info. I figured it was better to give ya the links to what I read about, coming form the source then rehashing it and perhaps forgetting something or not answering a question you had.

No harm no foul. everyone enjoy!
Old 02-07-2008 | 06:57 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Feb 6 2008, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>From talking with Bullfrog over the last month or so that he's been here, I HONESTLY think that he would have given you an answer IF he had one. He's been a member for a couple years, but inactive. He only has 288 posts, still considered very new.</div>
You forgot to quote this line Bullfrog. I know you've been here for a while, but seriously, you haven't posted much until a couple months ago (November or December). With 288 posts I still consider you new. I'm sorry I underestimated your knowledge of the 1.8 cam, I usually don't pay attention to who starts topics when I read over them, but upgrading the cam usually isn't the first thing people do after finding our site.
Old 02-07-2008 | 08:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Yes my post numbers are low for the amount of time i signed up. I guess i felt I had to validate myself. Selfish really. It was with no malice toward you Majik or anyone else. I guess since i was a member for a while on a Honda board before i owned a Tib i did a lot of looking at back posts first for answers.

I guess you could call me a sleeper. I just hope my low post numbers does not reflect my knowledge.

Ok i feel better.

Old 02-07-2008 | 08:18 AM
Banned

your just a simple n00b. nana.gif fing02.gif