The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Holly Hell

Old 12-24-2006 | 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yeah, so was down at the club and as im leaving, tib blows another ignition fuse. So I had my resetable fuse that I made up with me. I go to put it in and the spark jumps it outa my hands. Somewhere I have a direct short so bad. So yeah I had my windows down and minimal tools on me. Spent 2 hrs in a bad part of town trying to find the short with no luck. Had to leave the tib down there. I pulled EVERYTHING outa my car that could be taken off so it couldnt get lifted. I was so scared my rims would get jacked. To my luck this morning, everything is still there. I had even pondered taking my CAI off lol

So I go back this morning with my dads truck and direclty wire the ecu to my battery. Pushed the tib down this little hill and roll started her =P. I dont mean to offend anyone and by no means am I racist or anything, but the term ghetto-rigged definatly describes how I got the tib to drive home.

Sigh, I think this is the first time ive ever wanted christmas to be over with so I can go work on the tib =/

Im depressed.

<span style="color:red">MOD edit, changed it to a nicer word</span>
Old 12-24-2006 | 12:08 PM

That licks it but you got lucky in a way. Same sort of thing happened to me a while back in the Rx-7 but I was not smart enough to take out my CD player. Blew a fusable link at 3 in the morning downtown and had to leave the car, so I took out all my speakers and forgot to take the face off the CD player. Lost an $800 CD player damnit, but I digress. Good luck hope you find the problem...
Old 12-24-2006 | 01:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm sorry to hear that... what the hell could have caused that?

yeah i know the feeling. my alternator went out on me coming back from the hyundai delaership in a bad part of town. almost got in a fight there too. it was soooo funny, I asked the clerk at the Mart to use the phone because mine had died, so he told me it was out back. I went out back to the pay phones and all I saw was wires hanging...

hope everything works out, and well it's a christmas story to tell. glad nothing got phucked with.
Old 12-24-2006 | 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

O yeah thx guys, def a good christmas story for years to come haha. Yeah, I believe it may have something to do with the never ending dash work from the various things ive installed/destalled that im always doing laugh.gif on top of my exhaust blowing off and rattling everything to death. Yeah come tuesday imma just rip the fender off and follow the mass of wires coming from the fuse box. I learned a neat trick a while back with a head light to help find the short. Im just hoping I can find it soon cause ill start to go nuts if I cant drive.
Old 12-24-2006 | 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

look under the steering column plastic covers. i had a short there in the old tib. rubbed against the metal piece and popped fuses left and right till i found it and taped it. also check by the tranny. friends tib had that problem. also take a multimeter and check resistance from ignition wire to ground. see if its that wire or another one that causes the same thing. only problem with that is it may not always be hitting it. good luck
Old 12-27-2006 | 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

what do you need from here.. do you want me to search the junk yard of korea? say yes please wink1.gif