The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Haha.. How Can Confuse North And South Korea? It's Impossible!

Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm extremely mad how the Post Office can't distinguish two totally different countries. My friend specifically wrote down "Seoul, South Korea ROK", via expensive priority airmail. First of all, there's NO North Koreans living in the US. All of the Korean-Americans are South Korean descendant. They sent it to NORTH KOREA or A.K.A. DPRK!!!! Oh my gosh. Is that even possible? How th eheck can you send a package to North Korea? I didn't even think that's possible.

Anyways, 2 months later and money for expensive airmail.. his relatives finally recieves the package.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Nex

did the package actually make it to North Korea? im a lil confused, i thought that they wont allow pretty much anything American even come in or w/e
Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

wow.
a waste of 1 min of my life.
i understand the frustration, but honestly, i only have 1 question.
if the problem is already solved, and they ahve the package, whats the point in posting this?
just wondering.
next time, maybe they should make it a bigger box w/ bigger writing so the p.o. doesnt get in confused.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM

Maybe you should of slowly read it for 2 minutes instead of 1 minute. The point of this thread is not whether or not my friend's relative got the package, it's people who can't distinguish between NOrth and South Korea. I don't know if your know anything about the Post Office , but , Priority Airmail usually takes less than a week.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alli.s007 @ Sep 19 2007, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wow.
a waste of 1 min of my life.
i understand the frustration, but honestly, i only have 1 question.
if the problem is already solved, and they ahve the package, whats the point in posting this?
just wondering.
next time, maybe they should make it a bigger box w/ bigger writing so the p.o. doesnt get in confused.</div>

.. because it's the Gripes and Complaints forum tongue.gif
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

yeah, you said that "after expensive airmail"? did you actually get in touch with someone from North Korea and had them ship it to South Korea?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 PM

^^, NO, I asked the Postal Clerk via Telephone; it's impossible for an American to send anything to North Korea, unless it's diplomatic.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Sep 19 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, you said that "after expensive airmail"? did you actually get in touch with someone from North Korea and had them ship it to South Korea?</div>

I was wondering the same thing, I thought maybe they had sent it back to your post office and just didn't tell you they had gotten it back. I knew North Korea had shut itself off from the world, but I didn't know they took it that far.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:42 PM

The only time I'll meet a North Korean is when I buy an American Smith and Wesson combat pistol, using American bullets, and killing Kim Jong Il.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i wonder what hyundais would look like if they were from North Korea? maybe like Russian armor vehicles?

yeah, some people don't know squat about squat yet they land good jobs. others know everything and land crap jobs. others are just douches who do what they're told and end up still being douches. i learned there's not a thing you can do about it.