The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

First Time To Get Keyed!

Old 02-04-2006 | 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

WHO DID U PISS OFF?

that looks bad man somone must be pissed at you i can understand if they just ran the key down but they put some energy into that. look at the jagedy one they had to stand there and press hard and go inch by inch.

take it to a painter they mite be able to fix this perdy cheap. it will atleast be cheaper then a new hood

good luck
Old 02-04-2006 | 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

WHO DID U PISS OFF?

that looks bad man somone must be pissed at you i can understand if they just ran the key down but they put some energy into that. look at the jagedy one they had to stand there and press hard and go inch by inch.

take it to a painter they mite be able to fix this perdy cheap. it will atleast be cheaper then a new hood

good luck
Old 02-04-2006 | 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Was gonna ask if they broke the clear coat, was thinking maybe you could buff it out... but looking at it, you have no chance in hell. sad.gif

Thats gonna be a few hundred bucks to fix if you take it to a painter because they gonnna have to sand down and repaint pretty much the entire hood. And silver is the hardest color to paint match.
Old 02-04-2006 | 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Was gonna ask if they broke the clear coat, was thinking maybe you could buff it out... but looking at it, you have no chance in hell. sad.gif

Thats gonna be a few hundred bucks to fix if you take it to a painter because they gonnna have to sand down and repaint pretty much the entire hood. And silver is the hardest color to paint match.
Old 02-04-2006 | 07:26 PM

that's nasty.
over the two years i've had key marks on almost all my car panels.

Solution.
I try to avoid leaving the car on streets that I'm not familiar with.

just had the panels resprayed.

I try to watch my car like a hawk on unfamiliar surroundings.
Old 02-04-2006 | 07:26 PM

that's nasty.
over the two years i've had key marks on almost all my car panels.

Solution.
I try to avoid leaving the car on streets that I'm not familiar with.

just had the panels resprayed.

I try to watch my car like a hawk on unfamiliar surroundings.
Old 02-04-2006 | 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Aaaww maaate, that really sucks sad.gif

That there is a vengeful & psychotic ex-girlfriend's work... An artistic one at that wink1.gif

Just have the hood resprayed. I just had a door & fender painted recently & it was only 400AUD for both... prepped & everything fing02.gif
Old 02-04-2006 | 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Aaaww maaate, that really sucks sad.gif

That there is a vengeful & psychotic ex-girlfriend's work... An artistic one at that wink1.gif

Just have the hood resprayed. I just had a door & fender painted recently & it was only 400AUD for both... prepped & everything fing02.gif
Old 02-04-2006 | 10:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

damn man, that's straight NASTY...

one of the many reasons I am glad I moved to a small town in the SW. I can leave my car unlocked pretty much anywhere and not worry, plus I know three of the state troopers (get drunk with them all the time, they are actually in my car club, haha).

Gives us a pic of your full car (like a 45degree frontal shot). Maybe a CF hood is in your best interest. Otherwise, you'll need a hook up at a paint shop to fix that for under 100 hundred.

...bigeyes.gif

You sure you didn't piss anyone off? ...one night stands gone wrong? cheated on some girl with her sister? Screwed the mafia for 5grand? ....
Old 02-04-2006 | 10:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

damn man, that's straight NASTY...

one of the many reasons I am glad I moved to a small town in the SW. I can leave my car unlocked pretty much anywhere and not worry, plus I know three of the state troopers (get drunk with them all the time, they are actually in my car club, haha).

Gives us a pic of your full car (like a 45degree frontal shot). Maybe a CF hood is in your best interest. Otherwise, you'll need a hook up at a paint shop to fix that for under 100 hundred.

...bigeyes.gif

You sure you didn't piss anyone off? ...one night stands gone wrong? cheated on some girl with her sister? Screwed the mafia for 5grand? ....