The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

F'in Young Kids Not Payin Attention

Old 11-01-2006 | 10:14 PM
MKE

comin home from work, after getting gas i turn left onto walden ave while i had an arrow- a car comes at me flying through a red light. he probably saw the green arrow and "assumed", but i was less then a foot from sayin bye to my tib. luckily he looked up and made a hard left, but i still had to floor it around the turn, my ass end came out because i slammed on the brakes, the suv next to me had to go into the oncoming side of the meridian (luckily there was no cars) and the guy never stopped, just kept going as if nothing happend.

i realize your probably think "why the complaint" but i just got my license a little over a year ago, and this is the first time i've ever come that close into getting into an accident. i've had people pull out infront of me before to where i had to go on the grass on the right of them so i would hit 'em, but damn it scared the crap out of me.

ok, i'm done now.

although, just curious, does anyone know how much a new front end and passenger side work would have been, or would the insurance company probably totaled it?
Old 11-01-2006 | 10:22 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

lucky man. happened to me once. this f*cking taurus slammed on its brakes in front of me for no reason. no where the f*ck to go because it was during the peak of traffic. right i had the curb and sidewalk with some posts. left i had cars right beside me. car directly behind me.

split second i jerked the steering wheel to the left thinking it's better hitting the car to the left of me than one in front. i clipped a truck with my official shipped fiberglass $1200 F2 EVO bumper. truck didn't even notice. i pulled into a mall garage, waited and thanked god.

looked outside for the damage, nothing but a streak of rubber. i rubbed it off and not a trace. god was with me that day but the day could have ended up much worse. i know how you feel, there are dumbass drivers out there...
Old 11-01-2006 | 10:47 PM

From: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKE @ Nov 2 2006, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>although, just curious, does anyone know how much a new front end and passenger side work would have been, or would the insurance company probably totaled it?</div>

Yea...I have some paint that needs to be done to the front bumper and two fairly small dents that I need pulled from the passenger side rear quarter panel and passenger side door...quoted at 2700 dollars.
Old 11-01-2006 | 10:58 PM

Well it cost me around $4500 Canadian for a hood, bumper and drivers fender, lights, etc. + all the work that had to be done...

Your lucky dude.....