The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

EXD.COM

Old 05-28-2004 | 08:29 AM

EXD may not look like it has alot of traffic right now because we have recently changed over to different software. Our archive showed high member numbers and high post counts.

OD I think that the admin on EXD decided that some of the group buy things did not have to be cleared by him - that was decided upon the new software changeover. Perhaps it was a mistake but it is something to try regardless.

The way that people act on forums as opposed to in person could be completely different. Face to face confrontation is totally different than on the web. That meet should be interesting, I'm hoping to attend to meet the members I talk with, agree with and argue with on an almost daily basis. Maybe by that time people will realize not to call me man.....odd to find a girl here discussing these things with you huh. wink.gif - Did I automatically assume everyone knew that - oops :roll:

These kind of things are so trivial and slowly EXD is being able to filter out the men from the boys - put it that way. All the hissy fits that are happening there are showing the true colors and if people want to leave that site for others that's fine. I'm sure once a site gets out of hand it is hard to control.....if you guys know how to do that, please let me know, cause I'm sure it's difficult, and perhaps we can use the help through suggestions. You can't blame the admin for everything that is going on there. People will always have their own ideas and views to express, good or bad.

I know you guys think RD is awesome - and that's great, because this is your home as it is the primary place for you guys to learn and discuss your own cars. I agree, the forum is put together well. EXD is a place where the EXD'ers can do the same. I visit there more than I do HP for example because I'd like to stay car specific. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, no one wants to force you to be there.

But I for one appreciate the fact that you allowed us in on the group buy. There are several things that the elantra's can have swapped with tibbys. And that's what makes the modding of the elantra even better. It just happened with wrong timing. But if you ever need to top up a group buy, please suggest it to other forums including XD - who knows, I might just be your next buyer. smile.gif
Old 05-28-2004 | 08:36 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hyundai Hottie.

LOL

Word, thanks for the nice words.

I dropped into ElantraGTclub.com or whatever it's called, and those folks are NICE! Nice forum too.
Old 05-28-2004 | 08:58 AM

EGT nice?? Sheesh. I don't share the same enthusiasm, but whatever floats your boat. It's hard for me to keep an eye on more than a couple forums at a time anyway.
Old 05-28-2004 | 10:12 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (XTRAWLD)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know you guys think RD is awesome - and that's great, because this is your home as it is the primary place for you guys to learn and discuss your own cars. I agree, the forum is put together well. EXD is a place where the EXD'ers can do the same. I visit there more than I do HP for example because I'd like to stay car specific. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, no one wants to force you to be there. </div>

Thanks for the kind words, XTRAWLD. I also feel the same way about vehicle specific forums. We'll have to get a link up on the main page for your site.

Now, are we done with this post or does it need to continue? laugh.gif
Old 05-28-2004 | 11:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Nah, we are done.

Go ahead and lock it Java.

I know you want to.