The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

EXD.COM

Old 05-27-2004 | 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's not a flame.

It's a gripe.

Heh heh...

I feel ya dog.
Old 05-27-2004 | 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring
Default Greddy Rad. cap

A ricer is can be someone who buys a product without the knowledge of how it works or what is required for it to perform correctly. In this instance, I would have to call his purchase of the Air Ram a ricer move.

I'm trying to explain the concept of mods affecting mods, but he simply can't comprehend this. Or anything else I say for that matter. I'm not flaming, but seriously, how old is he? It's like he's 13 and just can not understand some things that I say. Or won't maybe?

Weird.
Old 05-27-2004 | 01:08 PM

wow....reading those threads is like watching two girls go at it in high school because one girl said the other girl gave the entire football team head.

i think the guys over at xd overreacted a bit and it all just spun out of control from there. oh well. just don't deal with them anymore...

BTW, when i read the ford had a GK, i started laughing. **evil laugh** wink.gif

oh yeah...one question though...will the airram provide HP gains? maybe i was reading david's post wrong, but to me it seemed like he said it wouldn't help much. then again, i'm a college student a week before finals and my brain no longer accepts new information...hehe wink.gif
Old 05-27-2004 | 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cjme2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh yeah...one question though...will the airram provide HP gains? maybe i was reading david's post wrong, but to me it seemed like he said it wouldn't help much.</div>
If you have the mods to require it, then it can produce tremendous gains.
That's what I've been trying to teach this guy but it's pointless.
Old 05-27-2004 | 02:45 PM

The Beta is where there are issues. There are a few guys in this forum with basic mods and the Airram and they say, on the Beta 1, that it definately shows improvment.

Throttle Response, power, especially in the higher end.

With the Airram you need at least a BBTB. I'd also have a full exhaust and a CAI. I'd get it even if I didn't have that stuff, have it sit on the side till it's time.

Again, Jon, remind those idiots that in the GB it does say it needs modified. Also, those claims on HP are the MFR's, not ours, it's a translation. David even told them that. There was no false advertising.
Old 05-27-2004 | 03:03 PM

Vehicle: Honda

And now you find out why I only come here and Hyundai Aftermarket.

Who the hell doesn't know who REDZMAN is?
Old 05-27-2004 | 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

The only thing I want to know is "Who in the Hyundai Forum world doesn't know Redzman!?!".

I know Redzman didn't post it over there to fatten his wallets, he is not that way. Redzman has alot of respect for all Hyundais and tries to help out others as much as possible. With group buys he ensures they are posted on all boards. I am often narrow minded and only post on this board. When Redz see's that, he brings it to the other boards. Thanks for trying Redzman.

'Nuff Said....
Old 05-27-2004 | 03:50 PM

I think this is funny.. A quote from the flame thread from some guy... "I have not installed this myself but from the several long conversations with a friend (fordfasterr), yes it will work with a fair amount of modifcation but it will give you NO performance gains. untill i see some dyno sheets with ALL mods done before and after with this intake i will not believe that this product works on the beta 2"... LoL.. more a/f doesnt deliver more power.. Ugh, so why do they even have a site?
Old 05-27-2004 | 04:23 PM

Well...

Thanks guys.
Old 05-27-2004 | 08:28 PM

come on fellas. Ford is a really smart guy, definitely not a ricer, but has his bad days! and he tried this ram-air intake on his car with and w/out a BBTB and it showed a little gain at the top end and little loss at the bottom end which made it equal. there is also a bunch of people that are really educated and have a lot of knowledge about our cars.